Park Plaza London Riverbank
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$196
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$251
US$237
Official Site
5,844 results
All reviewsvauxhall tube stationchino latinolondon eyealbert embankmentriver viewbig benbuilding workvictoria lineroom serviceexecutive roomminute walksouth bankmini baran upgradebooked this hotelmodern hotelstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Good hotel in good location. Can't ask for any more. Friendly hotel staff which make you feel welcome. Very knowledgable staff. Close to Thames and to underground station. Close to major Landmarks. Well appointed room. No view in mine but wasn't in the room much anyway.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mattgin V
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you ever so much for a wonderfully succinct and to the point review!!

It is always gratifying to hear these types of comments and I will surely pass these comments on to our staff.

As you mentioned we are in a great location and we are all always on hand to point out one of the many attractions in our vicinity.

Please do email me upon your next visit here with us and I will have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for you in your room.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is located along the River Thames with lovely views of Parliament and Big Ben. It's close to an Underground station, restaurants and the Big Bus tour stop.

The only reason I didn't give it an "excellent" rating is because of the lapse in housekeeping for two of the three days I was there! (coffee cups not cleaned or replaced; trash cans not emptied; ice bucket not emptied out)

The concierge is wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable. The check in staff were great. The room service was satisfactory (delivery man had to return with change; food was VERY expensive.)

London has many options and this is a great hotel for visitors and explorers. Have fun!

Room Tip: face the inside, courtyard of the hotel! It's quiet and very dark!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NDeniseS

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review.

I apologise for the issue you had with housekeeping, rest assured I will follow up on this.

Thank you also for leaving a wonderful review regarding our overall staff in the hotel, I will be sure to pass your comments along.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed with one teenager for a long week-end stay. She slept in the living room on the fold out bed, with was fairly uncomfortable and I would no recommend an adult sleeping on it. the views from the apartment was amazing and the location was perfect for our sightseeing, shopping and theatre experience. There is a party boat moored on the Thames just below and there is some noise from the boat, but also from the traffic - however, not too bad. The check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast offers a great variety of choices and the cooked breakfast offered good choices as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

We take all feed back seriously so we may better enhance our guests enjoyment.

I am sure should we have known of your discomfort I am positive we could have remedied it for you.

I shall look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rooms:
-Quite spacious, very modern, sleek design and clean. No problem with room cleaning during my stay.
- Free Wifi Internet actually working in room, wonderful, isn't it?

Location:
- Could be a plus since it is Close to Big Ben/Parliment and London Eye. There are not many hotels on the other side of the Thames river bank, this hotel and another Park Plaza hotel near London Eye could be the closest you can get.
- But as TA reviewers already mentioned, the hotel is situated between two nearest tube (subway train) stations. Neither is too close and prepare to walk like 0.5 miles. Easiest way, if you are carrying big bags, might be taking off at "Waterloo" station, take a bus and after a few stops, you reach the hotel. Otherwise, walk a tad shorter distance from smaller "Vauxhaul" station.
First I thought this is a bit inconvenient but after moving to East side of London to join a guided tour later, it is even more painful. From this hotel, I needed to change two different train, not counting the bus ride to Waterloo and the whole morning was wasted. So my suggestion is if you need to change multiple train to reach to a destination, travel 2 or more, just use taxi so that your precious time in London won't be wasted. Train is not cheap anyway, no free transfer to bus like in NYC subway system.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigboy61455

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review.

We have a dedicated Concierge team on hand for those guests that are unfamiliar with London and its many different types of public transport, along the way advising our guests on the best ways to get around town, especially using London's unique 'Oyster' pass that saves money and connects you to everything.

Thank you for also mentioning our house keeping department whom work very hard to make sure our guests rooms are perfect.

I shall look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Greeted very warmly by Sam on arrival, and happily I was upgraded to a Junior Suite which was very comfortable. Rooms lack the convenience of a kitchen area (like you get at the Plaza County Hall) but otherwise very nice. Breakfast was fine, though a bit 'sub-terranean'... Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite 921 was very nice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We take on board of our guests reviews so we may look at better enhancing our guest satisfaction.

I look forward to your return.