“Great stay at the Riverbank London”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #380 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Alex R
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (5,669)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very good location for all London attractions. Public rooms very well appointed and staff very friendly. However the experience was spoiled by poor air conditioning in the room. Despite having it on full for the entire night, the room was stifling. I'm assuming it was a one off and without this I would have added another star. Worth using again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review.

I was sorry to hear of your issue with the air conditioning and can assure you that this is not common place, I am sure should we have been informed of your discomfort we would have remedied this during your stay.

I was happy to read that once again our great staff have been mentioned at Park Plaza Riverbank, so thank you again for writing about them.

Please do drop me an email upon your next visit here with us and I will personally allocate your room and have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for you in your room.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked direct with the hotel some 6 months before my stay. Therefore disappointed that they did not extend a courtesy and let me know about the extensive building work on both sides of the hotel!

Crates, piling machines and work equipment on and off site on both sites where presumably new apartments are being constructed, visible and heard as I arrived. I asked reception to place me in a room away from the construction site noise and they allocated an interior courtyard room. This however was very dark. The roof area of the atrium being covered in what looked like scaffolding and wooden sheets. I had a constant humming noise from this area through the window which lead to me being disturbed most of the time.

Room OK but very dark. Carpet in room and those around the hotel seemed in need of replacement. Rather grubby and thread bare.

I understand building work can happen and both sites probably nothing to do with the hotel - BUT, I would expect that the hotel have the courtesy to let me know in advance of my stay. For this reason my grading is only a three star average.

Room Tip: Really at a loss what to suggest. Building sites on two sides, railway to the rear - or a dark court...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your comments are much appreciated, thank you for posting your review.

I was disappointed to learn that your stay was not perfect this time - I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant departments and we will make all effort possible to make your next visit a more enjoyable one.

As you rightly mention, the construction near the hotel is carried out by an independent developer. However, please rest assured that we work closely with our neighbours and disruption for our guests is minimal.

Once again, thank you for your input, and we should hope to see you at one of our London properties again very soon!

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel and we really enjoyed our stay.

My biggest complaint is the wifi service. It worked sporadically for our entire 3night stay which was very frustrating.

On a positive note, the service from the doorman and the concierge team was fantastic!

Our room was inward facing (atrium), which meant no natural light. However this didn't bother us giving us our first opportunity to sleep in for weeks!!

The rooms are large and well equipped, separate bath and shower was great. Beds are large and the aircon is quiet.

We didn't eat in the hotel, instead we had breakfast each morning along the river at coffee stands etc.

The location is good for those familiar with London. It's about a 10min walk to Vauxhall tube station (Victoria tube line), or a 15min walk up to Westminster Bridge. Having previously lived in London we had no problems taking the buses from the area, but first time visitors to London may find that the hotel is a little far from the main tourist sites.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank AliSydney82

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your online review.

We did indeed have an issue with the Wi-Fi, for which I apologise, however you will be pleased to know that both in conjunction with the service provider and our great IT department we are now up and running to full specification.

Thank you for leaving your notes on the transport and our dedicated Concierge are always on hand to point our guests who are not that familiar with London, in the right direction.

I look forward to your return.

Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Firstly location is wonderful for everything you need to see in Westminster, with a great walk along the Albert Embankment to see all the sights. My room was overlooking a building site with a big crane working all day, but I can honestly say it did not disturb us at all, we could hear no sounds from the building site or the railway that ran along side the room but we alsohad a great view of the River from the room also. .There is rooms at the front of the Hotel with un uninterupted views over the River but I was more than happy in my room SO DONT PANIC !!!!!
This Hotel had other reasons to be congratulated, FREE WI-FI & Plug Sockets for instance, so many I gave up counting, great lighting, air con that worked fine, lovely bathroom with good products, all in all this room could not be faulted. Breakfast was more than adequate, full English or continental, plenty of choice here, if I had one complaint it was that the dining chairs in the Breakfast room are to close to other other people, but thats my opinion I am sure most people would not notice something like that.
There is a really nice lounge Bar with very good comfortable seating I enjoyed having a nice drink here. The Hotel was spotless, the reception area was very bright and reception staff very nice and helpful.
Just outside the Hotel is a mini market so this is really useful should you need anything quickly.
I plan to return to the Hotel again this year, and its great value for money if you shop around.

Business or pleasure I would return to the Hotel, well done to this Hotel for delivering a very good service.

Room Tip: Not sure as I was happy with my room so didnt ask for upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Fantastic review and thank you!

I really do appreciate your honesty in your review and also the kind words you had left.

It is truly gratifying to hear the honest and wonderfully detailed account of your stay here with us and I will duly pass on your comments around the hotel.

Please do email me before your return and I will have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for you in your room on arrival.

Until then, have a great summer!!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Modern comfortable hotel on the Albert Embankment. Well located for central London tourist attractions.
Friendly knowledgeable staff who did their utmost to help.
Highlight was view from Riverside room (an extra but well worth it)
Stunning and spectacular.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking river an extra but worth it for the spectacular view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear BigRon99,

Thank you for sharing your review with us all.

“What a superb” review we could not have asked for more .

Please feel free to message me on your return visit.

Kind regards,

Ebi Patani
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good location on Albert Embankment, pretty much opposite Westminster Palace. A little further from a tube station than would be ideal though I guess. Great professional staff, good sleep quality, well equipped room / bathroom, excellent breakfast. Only gripe would be tv and Internet signal a little erratic at times, but in the main was fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear PGBakes,

Thank you for sharing your review with us all,

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed our “excellent breakfast” you should come back for some more it is even better now with more selections.

Please feel free to message me on your return visit.

Kind regards,