“2am fire alarm”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #385 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“2am fire alarm”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

nice hotel, paid for a suite with riverside view, very nice room comfy beds, the staff were friendly, sadly there was a fire alarm at 0230, the staff were ok and the hotel was evacuated quickly although some of the staff were rather frantic and pannicky. it was the night before the london marathon, and although we received an apology the next morning, i might have expected an invite for an upgrade next time or something, no complaints

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Dishmonkeysteve,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your time with us despite the fire alarm at 02:30. As you would appreciate the safety of our guest is of great paramount to us.

Please feel free to message upon your return visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Welshpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Nice modern hotel within walking distance of vauxhall tube station (rail station also).
We stayed when london was in 31 degree heat and the air conditioning served us very well!
Wifi was great in the lobby and bar but not so good in our room on the 6th floor, often dropping out and leaving us with nothing.
Room is comfortable although we didn't experience a meal there as we'd already made plans. Bar is pretty pricey, £15 for 2 drinks! Standard for a London hotel I guess.

Stayed July 2014
Dear mummyh93,

Thank you for your review.

It is not every day we experience 31 degrees!! in London; we should have more of those days. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the sunshine and with us at the hotel.

Please feel free to message upon your return visit, and we hope that it will be similar weather.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the minute we arrived to the time we left we had a brilliant stay. We booked in to a lovely room with breathtaking view on the 10th floor looking towards westminster & Big Ben. The staff were extremely friendly and helpfull. Free wi fy. Air conditioning it was a really hot week. We got a deal on the buffet breakfast which was really nice staff again in the resturant were brill. There were a lot of building work nearby but it wasn't a real problem.its location is good for the tube and site seeing. Hope to stop here again sometime soon 10/10

Room Tip: Looking over the Thames front of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FREDTRACEY,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us all.

I am thrilled to have read your very pleasant stay with us and thank you or your kind comments in regards to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Close to the parliament and other business areas.
Walking distance from Vauxhall tube station
Great view of the embankment
Convenient if you have a function at the hotel
Easy access to tube and buses
Stayed for a less than 1 day period because we had a function in the fabulous ChinoLatino restaurant downstairs - room rental was for a quick shower and change before our dinner party and just in case we decided to spend the night
Beware there is construction going on around the hotel presently.
Our dinner ended about midnight and we left for a night club afterwards and came back at 3am and decided to check out and leave so never got to sleep over.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear ronkeke,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your time “fabulous Chino Latino restaurant”. We do hope that you will be able to actually stay with us on your return visit.

We look forwards to welcoming back to Park Plaza Riverbank very soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from another stay at this hotel, rooms are as always nice but showing their age.

Service continues to let this property down, I arrived at about 2PM the published check in time there were 3 or 4 people waiting to check in and 2 staff members working it took several minutes not sure how long but felt much longer than it should have taken, I was finally helped the first question was about if I wanted an "upgrade" I had request a "Riverview" OR "Riverview Suite" upgrade when I made my reservation. Neither were available so I was offered an "Executive" upgrade for 34 pound it was only 18 when I made my reservation..... I declined this as it doesn't add any value to me (you get a bathrobe and slipper a few other things I could care less about and MOST IMPORTANTY it does not give you a view)That is the only upgrade am willing to pay for at this property. The overall check-in was very slow at one point I even said why am I not in the room already, the process is really long due to the continued and repeated attempt to upsell each guest. STOP WASTING MY TIME AND GET ME IN THE ROOM! I've been on a plane 11 or 12 hours.

I entered the room and it had the "Executive" upgrade items, I went back down to the front desk and was told it was "complementary" but the charge showed up on my bill and I had to make 2 additional trips to the front desk during my stay to get the charges removed.

Concierges was also disappointing they had a flyer in the room advertising their service and what was on during the next few days. The F1 race at Silverstone was on while I was there and the flyer said ask us about tickets... ect..... so I did not only did the staff know nothing about tickets they couldn't even give me instructions on how to get out to the racetrack. I don't often use this service but when I do I expect results.

Overall not a horrible stay just not a great one and it has me looking for a new go to hotel for my 2 or three yearly trips to London.

FYI I am also part of this hotels frequent guest program not that it counted for anything at this property.

Room Tip: If the upgrade doesn't include a room with a view of the rice save your money.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Calvin T
Dear Caltom67,

Thank you for sharing your review with us all.

We appreciate your valued review and points of concerns you have shared with us, which we will use to enhance our service.

We look forwards to welcoming back to Park Plaza Riverbank very soon.

Frimley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A wonderful hotel in a great location.
We book ourselves into this room for a 24th wedding anniversary treat.
We arrived at around 10.30 a.m. and the very helpful & friendly Concierge placed our bags in a safe room.
On checking in, at around 16.00 I found the desk clerk cold and unfriendly. (I did ask if there was a problem and the answer was "I'm looking for a very nice, quiet room for you". After an awful lot of clicking and looking at a computer screen we were told the room ready for us was a TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "However it is easy to push the beds together. Neither of us were in any frame of mind to spoil our trip and we accepted. We had booked via Late Rooms btw.
Our room was lovely, clean and had a spotless, large bathroom.
There were plenty of glasses, tea and coffee and even a sweet treat.
Our view was abysmal. Probably what we expected at the price we paid.
We decided to eat breakfast "out" the next morning, however we may eat in the Hotel's Award Winning Restaurant if we were to stay again.
A great location and Late Room price made this a top place to stay.
The Manager did send a feed back form which I did fill in. He assured us our comments were important.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sylviac_s,

Thank you for sharing your review with us all.

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Riverbank to celebrate you 24th Wedding Anniversary. I am saddened that you were not able to receive a warmer welcome at the time of check and a suitable room.

Please do message me upon your return visit.

Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed only one night. I wish it had been longer. We were greeted by pleasant, friendly and efficient staff and given a free upgrade to a suite with a view of the river and the Houses of Parliament. The food in the Chino Latino Brasserie was some of the best I have tasted anywhere and was served by pleasant and efficient staff. The English breakfast was also excellent and included in the reasonable price room rate. I would certainly go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and comfortable with a good view. Free upgrades were offered when we stayed...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It was great to read such a succinct and honest review of our hotel and your experience with the staff.

All of our staff work really hard to deliver to our guests the best possible experience and we all, including I, take pride in how we deliver this service, so we may receive honest and great praise back, thank you again.

Please do contact me directly at the hotel and I will have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for you in your room on your next booking.

Until then, enjoy the great weather!

Paul James Sanchez.