“Nice hotel with building work nearby”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #386 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while in town to watch Eminem. Couldn't actually find the hotel at first as it's surrounded by building work, i.e scaffolding, cranes and trucks. If you arrive here via the Vauxhall Underground it's literally hard to find unless you know of this building work. It's basically next to/just before London Fire Brigade Headquarters

Check in was a breeze - literally 2 minutes - and the man on the front desk was really pleasant, think he was called Florian (!?) Sorry if that's spelt wrong.

Room was really spacious and clean, bathroom was bigger than expected and very nicely done, bed was comfortable.

The only downside side was the noise in the morning which started before 8am and was in fact really loud so no relaxing lie in after a late night! I did like the fact that our windows, which faced other guests rooms in a square, had a "roof" above us which blocked out the light in the morning.

Not sure how long the building work is going to be there for but I'm sure if it wasn't there I could have very easily given this hotel 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Emma V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us all.

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you kindly for highlighting Florian.

Please feel free to message on your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza London Riverbank

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay here. Arrived very early (7.30am) and was surprised to get checked in right away. Didnt want a room at the back next to the railway line, so was pleased initially to be given an inward facing room (had asked for a riverview but no luck there), however due to renovations on the roof, there is no natural light getting into the middle of the hotel. Quite dis-orientating initially. Housekeeping forgot to leave towels on the first morning, but reception said they would get this sorted out. Got some but not all. All other staff were excellent and very professional and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear BigStephan,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We hope to welcome you back once the hotel as finished renovating. Thank you for your kind comments to in regards to our excellent and professional staff.

Please feel free to message upon your return visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

nice hotel, paid for a suite with riverside view, very nice room comfy beds, the staff were friendly, sadly there was a fire alarm at 0230, the staff were ok and the hotel was evacuated quickly although some of the staff were rather frantic and pannicky. it was the night before the london marathon, and although we received an apology the next morning, i might have expected an invite for an upgrade next time or something, no complaints

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dishmonkeysteve,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your time with us despite the fire alarm at 02:30. As you would appreciate the safety of our guest is of great paramount to us.

Please feel free to message upon your return visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Nice modern hotel within walking distance of vauxhall tube station (rail station also).
We stayed when london was in 31 degree heat and the air conditioning served us very well!
Wifi was great in the lobby and bar but not so good in our room on the 6th floor, often dropping out and leaving us with nothing.
Room is comfortable although we didn't experience a meal there as we'd already made plans. Bar is pretty pricey, £15 for 2 drinks! Standard for a London hotel I guess.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear mummyh93,

Thank you for your review.

It is not every day we experience 31 degrees!! in London; we should have more of those days. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the sunshine and with us at the hotel.

Please feel free to message upon your return visit, and we hope that it will be similar weather.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the minute we arrived to the time we left we had a brilliant stay. We booked in to a lovely room with breathtaking view on the 10th floor looking towards westminster & Big Ben. The staff were extremely friendly and helpfull. Free wi fy. Air conditioning it was a really hot week. We got a deal on the buffet breakfast which was really nice staff again in the resturant were brill. There were a lot of building work nearby but it wasn't a real problem.its location is good for the tube and site seeing. Hope to stop here again sometime soon 10/10

Room Tip: Looking over the Thames front of hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear FREDTRACEY,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us all.

I am thrilled to have read your very pleasant stay with us and thank you or your kind comments in regards to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Close to the parliament and other business areas.
Walking distance from Vauxhall tube station
Great view of the embankment
Convenient if you have a function at the hotel
Easy access to tube and buses
Stayed for a less than 1 day period because we had a function in the fabulous ChinoLatino restaurant downstairs - room rental was for a quick shower and change before our dinner party and just in case we decided to spend the night
Beware there is construction going on around the hotel presently.
Our dinner ended about midnight and we left for a night club afterwards and came back at 3am and decided to check out and leave so never got to sleep over.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear ronkeke,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your time “fabulous Chino Latino restaurant”. We do hope that you will be able to actually stay with us on your return visit.

We look forwards to welcoming back to Park Plaza Riverbank very soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from another stay at this hotel, rooms are as always nice but showing their age.

Service continues to let this property down, I arrived at about 2PM the published check in time there were 3 or 4 people waiting to check in and 2 staff members working it took several minutes not sure how long but felt much longer than it should have taken, I was finally helped the first question was about if I wanted an "upgrade" I had request a "Riverview" OR "Riverview Suite" upgrade when I made my reservation. Neither were available so I was offered an "Executive" upgrade for 34 pound it was only 18 when I made my reservation..... I declined this as it doesn't add any value to me (you get a bathrobe and slipper a few other things I could care less about and MOST IMPORTANTY it does not give you a view)That is the only upgrade am willing to pay for at this property. The overall check-in was very slow at one point I even said why am I not in the room already, the process is really long due to the continued and repeated attempt to upsell each guest. STOP WASTING MY TIME AND GET ME IN THE ROOM! I've been on a plane 11 or 12 hours.

I entered the room and it had the "Executive" upgrade items, I went back down to the front desk and was told it was "complementary" but the charge showed up on my bill and I had to make 2 additional trips to the front desk during my stay to get the charges removed.

Concierges was also disappointing they had a flyer in the room advertising their service and what was on during the next few days. The F1 race at Silverstone was on while I was there and the flyer said ask us about tickets... ect..... so I did not only did the staff know nothing about tickets they couldn't even give me instructions on how to get out to the racetrack. I don't often use this service but when I do I expect results.

Overall not a horrible stay just not a great one and it has me looking for a new go to hotel for my 2 or three yearly trips to London.

FYI I am also part of this hotels frequent guest program not that it counted for anything at this property.

Room Tip: If the upgrade doesn't include a room with a view of the rice save your money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Calvin T

Dear Caltom67,

Thank you for sharing your review with us all.

We appreciate your valued review and points of concerns you have shared with us, which we will use to enhance our service.

We look forwards to welcoming back to Park Plaza Riverbank very soon.