The hotel is friendly and nothing is too much trouble for the staff and if you are looking for a central stay in London then this is the hotel to stay at being a short walking distance away from many key attractions in central London and close to Vauxhall Tube or park in a nearby car park such as the Novotel in Lambeth Palace Road (book in advance). The rooms are quite small doubles or twins but adequate and have everything you need. The decor on the whole is easy on the eye apart from a very strange picture of a young girl with a dog which dominates the room which could be a bit creepy. There is a mini bar, tv, hairdryer, safe and a good sized bathroom except, unlike the hotel's description, my bathroom came without a bath although the shower was good. Altering the temperature on the thermostat didn't seem to make any difference to the temperature of the room so I had to order a blanket as there was no spare one in the cupboard and despite the hotel's claims, internet was only free for 24 hours on registering and my laptop did not fit into the safe provided in the room. Nevertheless, despite the windows being absolutely filthy to look through, the bed was comfortable, a good tv with lots of info, friendly staff where nothing was too much trouble and excellent room service and a menu which caters for almost everyone (not vegans although there were veggie options). I stayed in room 123 which was right opposite the lifts and you could hear the lifts going up and down all night which was a bit disconcerting at first. On the whole a pleasant stay but I wouldn't have paid full price for a night here because to me it wasn't any better than a 3 star hotel other than the service was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London