My boyfriend and I visited this hotel during the summer when we were traveling in Europe. I was excited since it was a 4 star hotel on hotels.com. Let me say that it did not live up to its rating. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Jonathan at the concierge. He was cold and short, and not very welcoming. Since I had pre-purchased the room, I brought my print out as confirmation. I presented the printout, and Jonathan looked at me like I had 10 heads. He seemed confused and had to "go in the back" to check on it. Finally, he returned and all was squared away. While we were standing there I asked if he could suggest a place to eat for lunch. He told me flatly that he couldn't, and that I would have to visit the concierge desk that was literally 20 feet away.
My boyfriend and I did visit the concierge desk, and the man there (can't remember his name) was nice, but entirely unhelpful. We asked if he could recommend a good Chinese place for lunch. He couldn't, and had to Google it!!! I was shocked. He showed my boyfriend and I the Google screen, and scrolled through the choices. THIS IS SOMETHING I COULD HAVE DONE MYSELF! When visiting a foreign country, travelers rely on the concierge's expertise and knowledge of the area. This hotel was completely unhelpful.
The room, I have to say, was very clean and comfortable. We did enjoy the room.
The location of the hotel was less than ideal for us. The hotel was located on the South Bank, and we would have liked to stayed more centrally located in the city. It was a bit of a trek to get to all the London sights.
Overall, I would stay anywhere other than here next time I visit London due to the poor staff at the hotel and secondly, the location. Perhaps if the staff were more helpful and friendly, I would give this hotel a second thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splitty, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London