The public areas of this hotel give a good impression: they're quite glam. I think they also serve for the '5 star Park Plaza on the River Residence' which has the same address but is a suite only hotel. The doorman certainly wanted to know if I was booked into the apartments or the hotel before he ushered me to check in.
In any case, the lobby raised my expectations and they fell pretty quickly once in the room. There was an abundance of dark wood, chipped in places which crammed the already small space. I think the idea was for it to look like an oriental spa - and it worked in the bathroom which was spacious and had a separate shower and complimentary bathrobes. Very nice. But the bedroom was cramped. The gap between the bed and the dresser/ TV console/ drinks cabinet was narrow, and made even narrower because the dark sharp wood stuck out of the bed base below the mattress. Ouch lost skin on that.
I had asked for a room not facing the railway line, and I got one facing an office block, so it was quiet enough to open the window at night, but you wouldn't have wanted to open the the nets - they could see right in. In any case, the curtains were dirty.
Breakfast was actually pretty good for a buffet. The food was hot and replenished regularly. The breakfast room was underground though which I don't think is the best place to start the day.
The thing that detracted most from the sleep quality was that on two occasions on the first night (well before 8am) staff came into the room. The first time (probably about 7am) they may have knocked but I didn't hear them: I was asleep. I couldn't get back to sleep (I was pretty freaked out) and I know they didn't knock the second time. Perhaps I'm being naive: should I have put the do not disturb sign out? In any case it didn't make the second nights sleep (even with Do not disturb sign and deadbolt) very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Lastminute, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London