“Really lovely meal”

Price range: US$36 - US$50
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Great food, exquisite wines and a convivial atmosphere, where you come to relax, enjoy and unwind. Our focus is on the food. Simple but creative, dishes showcasing the best of the UK's artisan suppliers using seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on strong flavours and originality.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a lovely family reunion on a Sunday lunch (called brunch but not really that).Everone enjoyed their food; and the staff were both professional and relaxed. Highlights were the asparagus and crispy egg starter and my non alcoholic cocktail -a cucumber collins.Would definitely return.

1  Thank ScoobIpswich

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food amazing, service to match and very ambient and classy dining room.

Located in the Montcalm Hotel (see separate review of amazing hotel) this restaurant is a must visit if you are staying in London.

Homemade bread and butter served on a rock was devine. Main course of duck was perfect.

Wine and champagne list extensive with very good advice to be had from the waiters.

Great experience, very reasonably priced for this quality and we will be back very soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been to many countries, but this restaurant find was exceptional, and for the lunch menu price, overwhelmingly surprising! From service, to food, to ambience, it deserves a perfect score- a rarity in the industry. I look forward to visiting more often.

2  Thank carpediem00000
Reviewed 22 May 2014

So sorry for waiting so long to review this restaurant.

I had dinner here in March. I was attracted and intrigued by this statement on the restaurant's web site: "Absolute quality in a relaxed style – no smudges or foams, just big bold flavours and sumptuous indulgence." All of that was true and we had a wonderful time in a friendly atmosphere.

Our meal began with an amuse bouche: Cep mousse served with toast, served along with a cafetiere filled with mushroom powder that was left to infuse and produce a wild mushroom and dashi broth. It was delicious and such a nice touch.

I had the Crispy organic egg with artichoke as a starter and the Steamed Cod, chick pea and baby gem as a main. Both were excellent. I chose the Banoffee parfait for dessert, which was quite good but a bit much for me after dinner.

All in all, though, it was a lovely and enjoyable meal. I commend the staff for their friendliness, respect, and attentiveness, even as the restaurant filled to capacity in the middle of our meal.

One last thing: if you are staying at The Arch in Marleybone: this restaurant is just across the street and very much worth patronizing.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

On Saturday May 10th, we arrived a little late on a glory sunny evening only to find we were one of very few diners. Generally not a great sign, but the reviews here had been very good so we considered it the newness of the venue. We went for the tasting menu with the vintage wine option. And we were not disappointed.

The food was/is terrific. Starting with the rabbit bolognese which really was sublime, followed by roast cod, and we finished with the duck l'orange which was really incredible. This was followed by a rhubarb sorbet which cleansed the palate beautifully.

The venue is very pleasant, modern spacious and on warm evening maintained a nice cool atmosphere.

Staff were very attentive, without being overbearing in any way.

A special mention to Jerry the sommelier, who added immensely to the evening with his passion for wine and educated to very interested amateurs to the splendours of the grape.

The reason it isn't a 5 star is that the sequencing was off quite a bit. The next course arrived long before we had finished our wine for that course. I would by no means consider myself a slow drinker, and once would have been fine, but each of the courses was like that. We did ask that the dessert come a little later so we could relax and finish off our pinot noir, which was delicious.

The timing on a tasting menu with wine option left something to be desired but, overall, I think this has the hallmarks of an outstanding restaurant. The food, the wine, the staff, the venue is all 5 star.