“Disaster”

Price range: US$39 - US$78
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Kurobuta takes its inspiration from the Izakayas of Japan, where tapas-style plates are served to accompany drinks in a casual setting. Originally a pop up, Kurobuta has been such a hit with diners who fell for the unique chilled out ambience and exceptional Japanese food, it’s now a permanent fixture in London’s Marble Arch and Chelsea’s Kings Road.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Horrible service, tiny portions, unappetising food. Cant understand why it was recommended. Food took more than an hour to be served, my order was forgotten and after bringing it to the waiters notice there was no apology, instead we were told that the kitchen is very busy !! Never happened to me before in any restaurant in any country!! Waste of a dinner in London.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

It is my first time in the Chelsea restaurant, but the second at Kurobuta, and once again sadly the experience is only average. Service was a bit of a let down this time: we had a table for 4 booked and - after sitting down - we noticed that a nicer table for 4 was free (once where the head of one of the guests wouldn't risk hitting the shelf with the till), so asked if we could move: we were told that it was booked and specifically requested...that's fine except that 15 minutes later it got split into two and given to 2 couples who just walked in. Music was too loud, we asked to turn it down a bit, which was done, but it went up again shortly after, and after asking 3 times to turn it down we kind of gave up. Food was mostly good, we had quite a variety of tapas and only a couple were forgettable. Wine and beer good. I'd love to give Kurobuta a better rating, as I think there is so much potential in the concept, maybe next time.

1  Thank whiterabbitjb
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first time in Kurobuta and I have to say I won't be last .
Food are delicious I love sushi and they have really fresh fish and very tasty street food .
The staff are friendly our waitress italian blond girl ( I think Eleonora is her name) she was really helpful and the manager is very pleasent as well .
The atmosphere is nice and cozy . I will come to try other dishes . many thanks to everyone .
Try lychee martini and the dessert are spectacular .

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We had a wonderful meal here - many different dishes and all outstandingly fresh, tasty and well presented - a must-visit for Japanese food lovers!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I loved this place, the tuna "pizza" is incredible and the pork buns (were) to die for. Nearly a year ago the food changed slightly, possibly a change in chef? The peanut sauce is now incredibly spicy, nearly inedible. Still nice for some lunch but it's not what it used to be.