“Slow down time and meander and ponder in a peaceful cemetery.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brompton Cemetery

Brompton Cemetery
Ranked #304 of 1,596 things to do in London
Philippines
223 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Slow down time and meander and ponder in a peaceful cemetery.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

When I told my spouse and son "we're going to a cemetery today", their eyes grew wide, followed by the inevitable "Why???" I replied, "Sherloch Holmes and Johnny English filmed there," Took about 30 seconds before my 18-year-old son grudgingly said "okay". We have an understanding: he's the navigator, my spouse pays, while I mark the spot:) Once my son got us there via the metro, we had a memorable time exploring! Normal people may consider this macabre. Does one really need to be an eccentric person to appreciate the serenity of a cemetery?

Visited April 2011
2 Thank mzzyap8

• Polish first
california
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Who would think a cemetery could be this interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

On a recent trip to London, the concierge at the hotel suggested a walk through the Brompton Cemetery in the Earl's Court, Chelsea neighborhood. As odd as I thought that was I decided to give it a whirl. What a treat. This Victorian era cemetery is this areas version of a park. There are joggers, dog walkers and lots of strollers, toddlers and walkers. The tombstones date way back to the 1800's and are half fallen over with the writing on a lot of them totally worn off. It is both fascinating and creepy. They recently filmed the Sherlock Holmes movie there and it is obvious why. It is like stepping back in time. Was a wonderfully, different experience.

Visited February 2011
4 Thank billiejoe
netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a bit unusual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

interesting to see the special memorial monuments, but also many tombs hidden in high, uncut grass.

2 Thank Lynn v