“EXCELLENT VALUE!”

STAFF? ..... fantastic
PRICE? ..... brilliant
ADEQUATE? .....most definitely
RETURN? ..... yes!!
For us, this was a "first" and we were not entirely confident! However the price swayed us and we had a perfectly good experience. We would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were on lower ground floor (no window) and it was wonderfully silent all night long!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad to read that you appreciate the value for offered accommodation.

We will be more than happy to welcome you on your next visit of the city.

Kind Regards,

Angela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We found our stay, overall, a little disappointing. We'd stayed in EasyHotel Amsterdam before so we were basing our expectations on that; in comparison, EasyHotel South Kensington was a little tired. The door frame to the shower room was rusty, the plastic covering around the join to the shower room and bedroom had come loose, the window sill was dirty and probably needed repainting, etc.

A bit of a bugbear with EasyHotel, is that windows don't open. I understand why this is and when we checked in, the receptionist said to let her know if we needed heating turning up or down - however, when we did this, she said she couldn't as most people said there were happy with the temperature.

On the flip side, the hotel is well located (5 min walk to the tube, 10 min walk to Albertopolis and Hyde Park, next door to a Sainsbury's, etc) and the £105 we paid for 2 nights is probably unrivaled in the area. Whilst happy with our stay, when coming back, we'd probably try one of the other EasyHotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee S
Oviedo, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we were attending a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. It is conveniently located and in easy reach of tube stations.

Price wise it can't be beaten, however you really do get what you pay for. Staying at an Easy Hotel I was under no illusion that the rooms would be tiny, but as we had a large suitcase each it wasn't ideal. We had no floor space and had to step over cases to open the door.

The biggest problem, however, was the lack of hot water. I discovered this on the evening we arrived and left a note for the receptionist as we were leaving to go out for the evening. I had to take a cold shower in the morning. Not great! The receptionist had seen our note and apologised as we were leaving, but obviously by then in was too late and the problem was not resolved.

Would I recommend it? Yes, for a solo traveller with minimal luggage who likes cold showers.

Room Tip: Pay that little bit extra for a room with a window otherwise it could be very claustrophobic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kereliza
Braintree, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I both commute to london everyday and decided that it would be cool to stay here one night. Location is about 5 min walk to Gloucester rd tube. Lets get one thing out there, rooms are small, tiny in fact. But you know that when booking, it's part if its quirkyness. The room (we had slightly larger one) was clean and cosy. Bathroom was cleverly designed and again very clean.
If you want 5 star stay in the Marriott over the road, if you want cheap, clean and convieniant stay in the easyhotel south ken.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vallster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from either Gloucester Road or Earl's Court Tube station. As can be guessed it is not strictly a hotel but more a POD (a very small one) in a building. That said, the room was clean. I needed it more for a bed that anything else and you wouldn't want to spend much time there, but for the location and price it is difficult to find anything else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have stayed in a variety of Easyhotels, Like Paddington and Barbican, and found them good, but this one, nooooo

whilst I appreciate that Easyhotels are completely stripped down, this only works if everything if functioning well and is spotless.

I had to try three different rooms (manager at least seemed reasonable about it) until I found a bearable one - rooms had an assortment of problems like no plug, just big gaping hole where water ran away really slowly, dirty smelly shower curtains which if they are going to cling to you (and they always do in Easyhotels), should at least be fresh, and in one room, the shower curtain wasn't attached properly to the rail so the shower absolutely soaked the toilet seat everytime you used it. as I said, trying to manage in something the size of your airing cupboard can be fun if it's all spotless and working well - I have enjoyed some Easyhotels, but this place was so not fun that I left London early and didn't bother with my booking the second night.

to add insult to injury, I used the official complaint procedure and NEVER heard anything back.
my days with Easyhotel are over, hello Tune, Travelodge and Premier.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chrissykeith
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here as part of a 2 day trip to London and the Royal Albert Hall for a concert in June. I needed a hotel that was reasonably close to the venue but which wasn't going to cost a fortune. As I was at the concert, I wanted somwhere that had a bed and a shower and didn't really need much else. That's certainly what you get from this hotel! That said, if I had another gig at the RAH and another overnight stay, I'd happily stay here again.

If you want somewhere for under £50 that is in a good location and which you'll be using for sleeping in and not much else, then this is as good a place as any. There's a 24 hours supermarket not that far away, and also shopping on Kensington High Street so food is available nearby.

Room Tip: I went for one without a window to keep the price as low as possible, but bear in mind that these ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MrsSulkyGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Montana Hotel
Montana Hotel
#402 of 1,089 in London
Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!