“WOW! Jet setter central!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of easyHotel London South Kensington

easyHotel London South Kensington
Ranked #364 of 828 Speciality Lodging in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“WOW! Jet setter central!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Upon entering this fine establishment I was immediately welcomed like a King. I was then guided to my room - which had been cleverly named 0.3 of a room, so witty! I was shaking with excitement inserting my key card into the golden lock, this meant I missed on several attempts. But finally the golden arches (some may say luminous orange but I beg to differ) that were my door way swung open to reveal the most majestic palace. My partner, so filled with joy and delight immediately dropped her bags and fell to her knees (some may say this was some what of an over reaction but I beg to differ.) We cautiously entered, excited for further wonders. I was immediately bowled over by the clever use of space, why waste room with unnecessary luxuries such as wardrobes when you can have two simple hooks (which as we found later were very useful sock holders.) I for one love the minimalistic look and this establishment has it down to a fine art. I decided to enter the bathroom to see what wonders awaited me. After glimpsing the bathroom, I pushed my partner aside leaving her back on the floor from whence she came just seconds earlier. I could not believe some clever dick had invented a bathroom where it was possible to relieve ones self, brush ones teeth and shower all at the same time, and in the same position. To cut a long story short I then awoken the next morning serenaded by a Michael Buble-esk tone. I raced to my wall (I think a bit too fast as they appeared to wobble) the paper thin walls allowed for the perfect acoustics - no need for a glass here! It took my breath away, although this could have also been due to the fact that I had forgotten to purchase Oxygen - one of the many optional extras along with my window.
I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough, I miss you already my minimalistic, windowless palace, I will return soon.
Yours Faithfully,
Mr D MaGoo
(That's M for MaGoo, A for Agoo, G for Goo and oo for ooooooh.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
23 Thank Denzil M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice both times in a small room without a window, and I can't complain. If your looking for a bed to sleep in for a night in the capital for location and price you can't go wrong. A very short walk from Gloucester Road tube station, with good bus services running along the nearby Cromwell Road.

A very friendly welcome on both occasions by the reception staff, rooms found very clean and tidy, with lovely thick heavy duvets. Yes the rooms are small but for a overnight stay with only hand luggage I couldn't complain. Great base for exploring Central London and getting out further afield.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank MattSudol
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Quite simply it is the worst hotel I've stopped at, the rooms are tiny, barely any space to put your luggage down and have 2 people in the same room.
However the location is good and almost impossible to beat on price. The rooms are clean enough.
They charge for remote controls, early check in (pre 3pm), new towels, store bags etc.
Would I stop again? Yes but only on my own, the rooms are just too small otherwise.

Room Tip: If taking the Underground I would say it is an easier walk from Earls Court rather than Gloucester R...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kaikai88
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I think, based on our room this hotel is overdue for a refurbishment. The bathroom smelled strongly of a particular cleaning product, which we realised the next morning was masking the offensive smell of stale water. There was a hole in the floor of the bathroom was obviously leaking into. I believe for the same money this product could be done better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank biased
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have to admit that the Easyhotel website doesn't pull any punches. It tells you exactly what to expect. A tiny room with no frills. And that's exactly what you get. And when they say tiny they do mean tiny. There is a comfy queen sized bed that takes up the whole width of the 'room'. There is a compact ensuite and about 1 square metre of remaining floor space. For one person with hand luggage only it is just manageable. More than that it would be very challenging. There were only windowless rooms available when I booked so don't even consider it if you are claustrophobic. Probably best if you only need to stay one night and just want somewhere to sleep and nothing more. I don't think I will do this again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kellihughes2617
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy that you have enjoyed our convenient location and found our beds comfortable.

We know our rooms are very small and we have very small prices to go with it. We aim to accommodate travellers looking for a very cheap accommodation option in London. We are not for everybody but I am pleased you gave us a try.

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at easyHotel South Kensington while visiting a friend in London. If all you need is a bed to sleep in it is okay. The room is very small and the bed takes up most of the space and the bathroom is very small as well. We had a room with a window which was a bit more expensive but made the room less claustrophobic and gave some additional space to put stuff since the windowsill was quite big.

The room was clean. Extra services, like TV, could be purchased but we chose not to. There were no breakfast but there was a wending machine in the reception. The staff in the reception was friendly and welcoming.

All in all if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in the hotel room it works.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JonP-HO
Angela A, Operations Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am happy to read that our hotel has suited your needs and I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Hua Hin, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Its Ok for one person, very clean, very quiet, felt safe, good location, close to 2 tube stations, good restauranta and pubs nearby. VERY courteous staff. Wish there was bar soap provided. Wish there was a shelf to put things, would use again.

Room Tip: lower ground very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DrMikeM
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate all the feedback we receive as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests.

I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Angela
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Paddington / Maida Vale
Point A Hotel, London Paddington
South Kensington
The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!