“Nice enough but...”

Ranked #377 of 843 Speciality Lodging in London
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Nice enough but...”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

In fairness to the staff, when I made the booking I hadn't injured my knee however, upon arrival with everything including a walking stick in tow it would've been nice not to have to go up quite so many stairs (four flights) to get to my room. That being said the guy who checked me in was friendly & couldn't apologise enough then said he would check to see if there was a room available on a lower floor for the next night; I can only assume there wasn't because I heard nothing. The room was extremely orange and tightly compacted, pretty much as I expected (think cabin on a cruise ship, you're about there). The bed was alright, nothing spectacular although as an asthmatic the discovery of piles of dust in the corners between the walls & the bed for me to inhale while sleeping was disappointing & unwelcome. By far the biggest let down though was the heat!! I don't know why, hoteliers feel the need to make their guests feel like they're in the tropics they don't and yes, I know I could've got them to turn it down but that would mean hobbling downstairs & then back up again as there are no temperature control's in the room and no means to contact reception accept your own mobile phone but the signal isn't great so I wouldn't bother. Biggest plus point (and something that always worries me about hotels particularly hotels in old building's) was the shower because although it took a frustratingly long time to heat up (my advice would be to turn it on and leave it for at least 10mins) but once it did it was glorious! Just a little more attention to the details needed to get better marks.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is perfect if you just want a base to leave your things, grab a shower and somewhere to sleep while you explore London! this is the 2nd easy hotel we have stayed in and i have no complaints at all. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was basic but clean and comfortable, the hotel is well situated with both gloucester road and earls court tube stations a short walk away and the price (£50) for the night was fantastic for a friday in London! I would definately reccommend this hotel if you want cheap, clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: dont bother paying for extras like windows, for the amount of time you spend in the hotel its pointl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

THE BEST OF:
Location in South Kensington is close to great, quirky london breakfasts, museums (Natural History), Kensington Gardens (15min walk), and is <2 min walk from a grocery store for all your travel needs. It felt like a safe neighborhood for a young couple walking home late at night from the Underground station. People park their Range Rovers and $$$ luxury vehicles on the street, and a lady taking her dog out at 1am gave us directions home. Also, the PRICE was EXCELLENT: for a stay for 2 in London the price simply can't be beaten.

THE WORST OF:
It's small. We're talking no lobby. We're talking Double size bed, 1.5 square yards of floorspace (requiring you to probably step over your suitcase), and a 1 square yard bathroom. You have to close the bathroom door to open the door to the room. We stayed 2 nights and spent very little time there, so it was perfect for us. Also, we arrived exactly at our check-in time of 3pm and the room was not ready for us. The /one/ housekeeper had to hustle to get it ready while we waited in the not-lobby (small room with a man at a desk), so that was a little awkward, but at least we knew everything was clean! The desk clerk did however give us a map, some beverages, and travel advice. I think there is no desk clerk after hours if I remember correctly.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a window, which we both thought was worth it. The room didn't feel quite so t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Gasman6331
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I paid £35 for a one night stay in london which cannot be beaten on price for a Friday night. The hotel is easy to find and is about 10-15 minute walk from Gloucester Road Tube. It might be quicker to walk from Earls court. The room was small byu adequate. We stayed in room G5. The bed was comfy but the TV very small. We paid and extra £5 for a tv remote which you keep and can reuse on repeat visits. There is a lot of background noise as the doors are very heavy and make a loud noise when closing. The shower a walk in shower but adequate. All in all nothing special but the cheapest you will get in London.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
peterborough, UK
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here a couple of times but prefer the earls court one located just 15 minutes walk from each other.

Clean and comfortable accommodation, short walk to supermarket. If you don't like small rooms book a standard room. Window rooms do not open, glass only with a view out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Upon entering this fine establishment I was immediately welcomed like a King. I was then guided to my room - which had been cleverly named 0.3 of a room, so witty! I was shaking with excitement inserting my key card into the golden lock, this meant I missed on several attempts. But finally the golden arches (some may say luminous orange but I beg to differ) that were my door way swung open to reveal the most majestic palace. My partner, so filled with joy and delight immediately dropped her bags and fell to her knees (some may say this was some what of an over reaction but I beg to differ.) We cautiously entered, excited for further wonders. I was immediately bowled over by the clever use of space, why waste room with unnecessary luxuries such as wardrobes when you can have two simple hooks (which as we found later were very useful sock holders.) I for one love the minimalistic look and this establishment has it down to a fine art. I decided to enter the bathroom to see what wonders awaited me. After glimpsing the bathroom, I pushed my partner aside leaving her back on the floor from whence she came just seconds earlier. I could not believe some clever dick had invented a bathroom where it was possible to relieve ones self, brush ones teeth and shower all at the same time, and in the same position. To cut a long story short I then awoken the next morning serenaded by a Michael Buble-esk tone. I raced to my wall (I think a bit too fast as they appeared to wobble) the paper thin walls allowed for the perfect acoustics - no need for a glass here! It took my breath away, although this could have also been due to the fact that I had forgotten to purchase Oxygen - one of the many optional extras along with my window.
I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough, I miss you already my minimalistic, windowless palace, I will return soon.
Yours Faithfully,
Mr D MaGoo
(That's M for MaGoo, A for Agoo, G for Goo and oo for ooooooh.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
23 Thank Denzil M
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice both times in a small room without a window, and I can't complain. If your looking for a bed to sleep in for a night in the capital for location and price you can't go wrong. A very short walk from Gloucester Road tube station, with good bus services running along the nearby Cromwell Road.

A very friendly welcome on both occasions by the reception staff, rooms found very clean and tidy, with lovely thick heavy duvets. Yes the rooms are small but for a overnight stay with only hand luggage I couldn't complain. Great base for exploring Central London and getting out further afield.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank MattSudol
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
#710 of 1,067 in London
Ibis Styles London Kensington
Pimlico
easyHotel London Victoria

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!