“Save your money and go elsewhere.”
Review of W1 Bistro

Ranked #15,314 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've been here three times. Each visit has been more infuriating than the last. During every visit there have been delays that range from 20 minutes to an hour. Yes. An HOUR! The staff just seem to float about, showing new customers to their tables and subsequently forgetting about the customers who came in 15 minutes ago. During my first visit, the waitress actually forgot that we had asked for the bill. She disappeared for 12 minutes, greeted new customers and nipped back into the kitchen. We eventually stood up and waited at the till and paid there.

My most recent visit here was today. We were planning to get salads but were then told we could only choose from the breakfast menu. That was okay. We asked if we could have a few minutes to decide but ended up waiting 15 minutes for our orders to be taken. On top of that, we then had to wait for 30 minutes for our *scrambled eggs* to be cooked.

While this place may look ultra modern, comfortable and trendy it's not worth your time. If you're really looking for a lovely place to have afternoon tea or lunch consider Seven Park Place.

1  Thank Mon L
There are newer reviews for W1 Bistro

Reviewed 6 February 2014

It was the day of the tube strike and I had to walk to the West End as all the buses were full! I needed to grab some breakfast and I thought I'd try one of the department stores. BHS looked uninviting and drab, so I went to John Lewis who don't serve cooked breakfasts. Unfortunately House of Fraser do, but their restaurant was empty, not even any staff, but by this time I was getting hungry so I resolved to try Debenhams. What a revelation! I found a modern, clean and very friendly restaurant on the 5th floor with a great selection of breakfast items, reasonably priced too! Without exception, all the staff were extremely engaging and welcoming. There was a great choice of dishes and I chose the vegetarian breakfast for £4.95 which was freshly prepared in few minutes. Definitely worth a visit and exceptional value for London.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Visited London as a treat to see a show. Went to this restaurant to try for lunch. It was modern and confusing with different areas offering foods, hot cold, salads sandwiches etc...... I decided to have a baked potato with tuna... and received it in a small enamel meat tin with no salad choices which cost over £5. Two very small cappuccinos also cost £5... what a rip off. My partner had to go to a separate hatch to get pie and mash but they had ran out of mash and after waiting, and due to our limited time, choose the carvery which wasn't a carvery as you couldn't help yourself or go back for more...., . This cost £9.95 and was not special at all. We felt it all to be disjointed and very expensive for the quality and quantity received. I looked at the price of the cakes and decide to go to greggs!!!!!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to here on day trip to London to get one cup of tea and a cup of coffee. We were met by the manager to be seated and were advised by him that there was a 10 minute wait for drinks and up to 40 minutes for food. It took 25 minutes for someone to come and take an order, which she didnt write down, forgot and came back 10 minutes later and asked if we had ordered!! We then waited a further 10 minutes before deciding that we would be better off going to Boots opposite and grabbing a Lucozade before i became totally dehydrated!! Other people were experiencing the same and 2 other couples left at the same time as us. There were 12 people all dressed in immaculate uniforms but with not a clue about customer service and no direction or management going on at all. The manager was missing for 20 minutes but we met him on the way out and gave him our opinion about his "bistro". He tried to defend it by saying they were busy (d'oh) and what a great team they were. We saw no evidence of this! We then went to John Lewis where there were half the number of staff and twice as many customers, all of whom were served within minutes of arriving. There really could not have been more of a contrast.

3  Thank Susie E