“Best roast ever!”
Review of Brewers Inn

Brewers Inn
Ranked #518 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfast and the best roast we've had outside of home. Recommend the mixed roast. Very chilled atmosphere and good quality rooms. Will definitely return to The Brewers Inn the next time we're in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich P

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Have stayed at the Brewers Inn many times over the past few years. This was not the best.
Generally OK all round, but still a few areas could be improved
In spite of a recent refurbishment our most recent stay in room 9 was not perfect.
No towel rail in bathroom !!
Poor lighting over mirrors for ladies !!
Additionally Key card system was malfunctioning & took several attempts to rectify while I stayed locked out of my room !!
One of the bar staff had a problem with trousers hanging down ( fashion ? ) but looked really stupid
There did not appear to be anyone in overall charge of the establishment....disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank laurencemitchell
Reviewed 13 August 2013

If I am honest I was expecting the usual half "baked" rip off which you get in many places but from the moment we stepped through the door I was impressed.

Checking in was easy and they made sure which cards we would be authorising and paying on so we didn't have the issue one of the other reviewers had, 10/10 for responding to customer feedback.

The room was nicely furnished, clean and well equipped. We were going to eat out but after a long day couldn't be bothered. There is a reasonable menu and the food was delivered to the table hot and well cooked, something many places fail to achieve.

My only criticism is the road noise was high, not something they can change, but when I mentioned this at checkout I was told they are replacing the windows which should make a big difference.

Would I return, definitely.

Room Tip: Try to get one off the front
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisNicholson1967
Reviewed 30 July 2013

we chose this hotel for the location we were attending a christening in London.

The staff were all friendly and very helpful good food in the restaurant and a wonderful breakfast.they said they had no parking but when we arrived the disabled bay was free and we asked to use that, no problem. The rooms were very roomy ,decent size tv although we usually only want the news its nice to be able to see it clearly in bed.

Clean bathroom with the usual toiletries.

Room Tip: higher up you dont hear any noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We chose this hotel for its location as it was very close to the venue of a hen party we were attending. The room was lovely and great value for the size. However the main issue with this hotel is that they require you to provide details of debit/credit card to pre-authorise your stay. This is standard in most hotels and is there to ensure that if you do a runner, the hotel doesn't lose any money. So I was happy to do this and when we came to checking out, my friend and I split the bill - I paid by cash, she paid on another card. I was told that the amount would be put back on my account straight away. Six days later, I am still waiting for the amount to be put back on my card. I've sent an email (no response) and this has put me off staying at this hotel again. I should point out that this is the fault of the hotel as they didn't bother to let my bank know that the charge wasn't required. But the lack of a response from them has prompted me to write this review.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank IckleNick
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Travelled from liverpool to my mates 40 th at a local bar near by, just stayed for one night but the welcome was great and because I was leaving very early in the morning to catch the train back, they left me some breakfast so I didn't go hungry on the journey home. Very reasonably priced and my room was clean and spacious. Will be visiting again when in London, very easy to get to from euston.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 weeks ago as part of our 3 week, 4 country vacation.
I usually never let him plan the important aspects of the vacation ( like where I'm going to be sleeping at night) but was in a trusting mood and let him have a crack at it.

When we arrived at Putney station, only about a mile (10 min. walk) from the Brewer's Inn, we made our way through a seemingly older neighborhood. We got a little lost, but only because we are Americans and not able to read bus routes very well. Finally after some wrong turns, we arrived at the Brewer's Inn.

From the outside it is a very quaint, small-ish establishment. Located right across from the Wandsworth Town Hall, it is easy to distinguish on City Maps. Also, this helped when we were trying to make our way back to the hotel late at night ( the underground closes at midnight!).

We made our way through the restaurant, around the corner to the receptionist desk, where we were greeted right away by the manager. Right off the bat she was extremely nice and eager to get us settled.

Our hotel room was on the first floor so we didn't have much of a trudge to our room. We noticed that to even gain access to the hotel rooms in the building you have to have a key card. This made us feel better about being in an older neighborhood.
The room was beautiful and spacious. We had plenty of room for our bags and there was at least 3 chairs for sitting that I can remember.

The bathroom was fully furnished and equally as spacious as the bedroom. It had plenty of counter space for my to spread my unnecessary toiletries across.

We showered and read the Hotel book, located in every room.
It had great places to eat, nearby transportation, events going on in the area, times for convenience stores, etc.
It really came in handy when we were planning our days as far as how long it takes to get into London from the hotel.
It was roughly a 25 minute trip to trafalgar square using the bus and underground.
Roughly a 20 min. ride to Wimbledon via bus (39) .
When we returned from our first day out the female manager greeted us and asked us how our day was. we loved her! She was super personable and helpful and easy to ask for questions about stuff in the area... not to mention she was there every time we walked into the lobby.
Breakfast was great. You get to choose from simple pastries to full english breakfasts.
We had dinner there as well and it was equally as great. The other hotel staff was very friendly and provided great service as well. We were never bothered by noise, even though there is a courtyard in the back where live music is played.
We really enjoyed our time there and would stay there again if ever in the area.

I know management changed 4 months before we arrived so any posts before then may have pertained to the other manager. I would recommend this to any of my friends of any age range.

Marissa

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place. only 3 or 4 stories. I'd recommend an older group to stay farther...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple