“Terrible service!”

Byron Hammersmith
Ranked #5,127 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just had the worst experience at Byron Hammersmith (1 July 2014).

Staff ignored me when I went in, then eventually gave me a dirty table. I ordered a burger and shake, and when the burger came I asked if the waitress could clean the table. She asked me to hold my plate up then sprayed the table with cleaning fluid right in front of me. Then another waiter brought the shake and said ‘enjoy my friend’ sarcastically. The same waitress laughed out loud, and when I looked at the straw it was clearly dirty. I decided not to risk eating or drinking anything, and told the waitress that I was going to leave. She just said ‘do whatever you want’. When I started to leave the male waiter ran after me and said I had to pay for the shake because I had drunk half of it. I went back and asked to see the shake, and when he looked at it we could both see that I hadn’t drunk any. He said ‘just go!’.

I eat at Byron a lot, and have never experienced such rude, unpleasant service and unsanitary conditions. Won’t be going back there in a hurry!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Tan S

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a business dinner her last week (in between WC matches).

Burgers were nice, and they had a nice unusual beer from Czech republic on the menu. Staff were really friendly and we were lucky to be able to sit outside for most of the dinner.
The ambiance isn't super fancy or anything, but the service and quality burger make up for a lot.

Will probably try the Byron near Farringdon also because of this.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

everything about the restaurant was amazing! The food and service was great! It was definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had, and I really hope to visit it again!

Sydney, Australia
“Food isn't bad but not amazing either! Very pricey for burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've had LOTS of burgers over my many years, burgers all over the world in fact and in no way, shape or form are Byron burgers worth the ridiculous prices they charge. Look, the burgers aren't bad but they're not rated in any top 10 either, that's for sure. They are small actually, considering you are paying around £9 for a burger then you then to pay extra for sides. We had a Byron Burger and a Cheese Burger with grilled mushrooms added (see pic). We had coleslaw and macaroni cheese as a side, both of which were really good, in fact better than the burgers! I can recommend the milkshakes though, which are made with gelato style ice cream. I had a strawberry milkshake that was like a melted strawberry ice cream with real strawberries in it - delicious (see pic). My partner had a root beer float (American style) which was enjoyed and also a chocolate milkshake which was made the same delicious way as my strawberry one. The service is terrible - slow, non existent and the food takes a long time to come out.

• Visited April 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Byron as always was quick efficient and friendly staff. We eat fairly late saturday evening and food great.

Visited May 2014