“Best pub in north london”
Review of Island Queen

Island Queen
Ranked #437 of 1,328 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: A truly unique pub in the heart of Islington.As the only pub in the British Isles to bear the name, The Island Queen really is one of a kind. Tucked away on Islington's quiet backstreets, "the Queen" is a quaint oasis of comfy sofas, high ceilings and intriguing original features reminiscent of a classic London gin palace. Our deceptively bijou bar serves a gargantuan range of speciality drinks, while our colonial-inspired interior - embellished by etched glass and hand-painted mirrors - makes for a uniquely cosy backdrop in which to savour them.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pints. Crisps. Food. Craic. What more could you want? Constantly friendly atmosphere from staff and fellow drinkers, simultaneously good for chatting to strangers or a quiet pint - highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This is some place, chock full of old statues, pictures, plants and furniture. Well worth a visit, just to see that alone. Old and interesting, bit like me")

Its worth having a look about, thats why I love finding places in London, history in abundance.

This will not disappoint.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

come here all the time, really decent and chilled out - staff know what they’re talking about - can answer all questions about booze, all sound people

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Quaint Victorian pub with a few tables outside for smokers/brave drinkers (cold and wet when I visited). Looks like it could be a gastropub but unfortunately we were going on to a restaurant for a meal. Menu looks tempting but I didn't try it. Good selection of real ale on tap - I had a pint of Timothy Taylors (nicely lept) and my friends had "Proper Job" which they enjoyed. We were having a school reunion (only four of us) after a forty year gap! The pub was nice and quiet so we could chat about old times - no loud music interfering. It wasn't very busy and the surroundings were very convivial. I would recommend for a nice quiet drink though you may need your satnav app to find it in the first place as it is set in a residential street at the back of Upper St.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We called on a Saturday on a nostalgia visit to show our adult daughter where I worked when I was expecting her, and where I enjoyed my hen night , a very long time ago...
The pub was busy but staff were helpful and directed us upstairs to find a table for lunch. Menu was good, food even better.
I missed the papiermache spitting images hanging from the ceiling which were such a feature back in the day, but the food more than made up for it. We had a lovely lunch, chicken pie was excellent and sausage and mash also very good. A very good lunch whilst on a trip down memory lane.