“hardly a well kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 1,271 Nightlife in London
UK
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“hardly a well kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a London legend - I recall drinking there years ago when I worked in Holborn. And now when I'm in London and in the area, its not only the place to enjoy Youngs Ordinary (a London beer), and Deuchars IPA (from Edinburgh) but also does a nice line in as bar lunch or a wholesome traditional supper.

Certainly an 'attraction' but deserves to be included in the food&drink section of TripAdvisor - unless that would mean that it was no longer a secret :)

Visited January 2012

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great little pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

Might not find it if you didn't know where you were going...but thank goodness we did. Charming decor and great beer. Food was just OK...maybe we didn't eat the right things. Ordered the sharing plates as we did not eat ALL day and it was 1730. Sample pies: Liked the beef and chicken, root veggie was blah (maybe its just my taste). BBQ platter came with baby back ribs, chicken wings, and potato wedges (the menu said onion rings though). Was tasty but not "out of this world". Did what it needed to do for hungry tourists travelling around the city ALL day. Love the atmosphere and of course the new people we met at the TAFL gettogether.

2 Thank elisabeth_nj
SYD-LON-MUC
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“Can't believe there are no reviews yet???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Unbelieveable.
Can't believe there haven't been any reviews on The Lamb yet...

Well as a regular TALFer (TripAdvisor London Forum) we have had a number of meets here and I am guilty of not leaving one earlier.

Short and sweet:
Beers are very good
Ales are even better
Atmosphere is always above board
And with the number of times that I have already been there I know I will be back for more.

Was there again tonight with a record number of other TALFers and I wish I had a meal because judging by what the others had I really missed out.

Service was a 8 out of 10 only because it was very busy (and on a thursday night)
Atmosphere a 9 out of 10 - very rarely I give a 10 / 10
Beverages a 9 out of 10.

Definitely a Pub to check out with friends and enjoy the awesome interior and original bar.
I love the bar... you just have to see why...

5 Stars ★★★★★ from me...