“Letting Standards Drop”
Review of The Lamb

The Lamb
Ranked #115 of 1,289 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Have been to this pub a few times, mixed feelings. The table we sat at had not been cleaned and little interest in cleaning it even though we asked it never happened. We were also told beer mats were banned from the pub. We eventually cleaned the table ourselves with a tissue. I asked for two pints of Young's special, I presented a free beer birthday voucher to pay for one of them and was promptly told it was not valid for special only ordinary bitter, having said that they did let me have the special bitter. Seems a bit petty for them to mention it as it was them who sent the voucher, am I not worth a few more pence on my birthday?. The food was very good and we enjoyed the starters and main courses and tried to order more beer only to be told they had no more special bitter which was just as well as the pumps were in need of cleaning, did we really have to know that?. Why did a Young`s pub not carry more Young`s beer, bit silly isn't it.
Whilst at the bar waiting to order I was jolted out the way by a member of staff, no sorry or excuse me, what happened to good manners.

The pub has a good atmosphere but is a bit dirty and scruffy, toilets need to be updated as very scruffy and mildew on walls and ceiling.

I am not sure about visiting again as I like consistency in high standards, this pub is too hit or miss. We don't like average, do you Young`s?

1  Thank chepasbar

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this lovely old pub since the late 70's and back then it was one of Youngs' best unspoilt boozers. Now it seems to suffer from the same problem that afflicts many Youngs pubs - that of clueless staff. Surely a pub that sells a wide range of real ale would employ people with an interest in real ale? Last night I pointed out to the minimum wage moron behind the bar that the Youngs Special was off. He simply shrugged and said in broken English, that yes, it probably was. Shame though as the manager seemed pleasant enough. Not enough here to make me pay a return visit, sadly.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice location, traditional pub, good service and a very friendly landlord. Food was variable we found, some thought it was OK, others did not like it at all. It is a pub, not a restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The lamb does indeed offer good lamb as well as Young's beers. The service is good. The crowd is pleasant. This is a very easy place to relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Visited on a Friday night, expensive drinks even for London and the pub did not seem all that.
Did not try food as too late in the evening so cannot comment on that. Once visited seems enough for us.
Would not really recommend.

2  Thank burritoman