“Great evening”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Traditional pub serving good food and beer. The staff were helpful and made us feel welcome. Nice outdoor sitting area at the rear of pub.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tia1904

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Old, Tired and Not Family-Friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I were in The Lamb twenty years ago - loved it so much we wanted to bring our family this past week as we were in London for holiday. I walked in and asked if I could grab a table for dinner for my family. The barman told me that if I could find a place to sit, we could eat. I motioned to a nearby table - he told me it was reserved. I looked on the card and it said the reservation was for 830pm. I asked if we could sit there as it was the only large table available and it was only 600pm. He agreed but as I was bringing my family in, he told me they couldn't serve us with children due to licensing restrictions. I turned to leave and watched him grinning at me while elbowing his fellow barman - I was livid. Now I know after over 20 years of traveling to London and the UK in general that such an assertion is not true. And when we went to The Swan and several other places, they all confirmed that there is no such legal licensing restriction. So shame on The Lamb and it's condescending, rude staff. And I can confirm that having been there 20 years ago versus this visit that the pub is showing it's age. Lots of other options in the area and in greater London. Don't waste your time - especially if you have a family.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank MassVetRider
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An OK boozer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Pub looks really tired, expensive beer and less than average food. Service was OK.Altogether very disappointing

1 Thank anakonda36
Stjordal, Norway
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Brilliant pub let down by ignorant staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice pub with great interior and a good selection of ales. It is, however , all the more disappointing that the staff consists of south Europeans who don't have a clue about anything to do about pub culture and the serving of beer. I found the staff very rude and in knowledgeable about beers. Sadly something that is happening all over the capital.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Morten75
Loughton, United Kingdom
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Atmospheric pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

One of London's classic pubs; early c19 building, Victorian decor. Excellently kept ales. Food a bit overpriced for what it is. But definitely worth a visit; friendly staff. Tiny w.c.s and garden!

Visited January 2014