“My favourite spa in London”
Review of Sanctuary

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sanctuary
Ranked #867 of 1,284 Nightlife in London
London
“My favourite spa in London”
Reviewed 1 March 2008

I've visited quite a few spas around the world and the Sanctuary is still one of my favourites - hence I visit the spa regularly.

The spa is pretty big and facilities keep you occupied for a long time (there are two different lounges, two swimming pools, two jacuzzis, sauna and a steam room). There are many treatments to choose from. My favourites include a lomi-lomi signature treatment and a hot stone facial. A Mum-to-induldenge is great for pregnant women (just remember that the temperature in the spa is a little on the hot side so keep drinking water and dipping into a pool!).

Staff is helpful and well trained. I have also fallen in love with their new product range which is far cheaper than you may expect! There is an area where you can sample all the products and get advice.

Food is always delicious, not to mention their cakes! They don't have any trashy magazines (which works for me) so if you want to catch up on celebrity gossip bring your own.

My tip would be to avoid Friday and Saturday and is gets really busy. Also, it is better to book your treatments in advance or upon arrival. They are currently doing a sleep treatment (which is included in the day or day membership) which I would actually call a 'meditation' treatmen. It is lovely - a shame thought that the tape has been the same for quite a while now.

I would definitely recommend visiting the Sanctuary if you can afford it. Go with your friends or have some quality me time.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“over hyped?”
Reviewed 19 March 2005

The Sanctuary markets itself as a relaxing oasis, tucked away in Covent Garden. Well it is tucked away in Covent Garden!
Facilities: Just bring a couple of swim suits/bikinis, flip flops/slippers and make-up. It is a woman only spa. You can bare all but no-one but a very very old lady did on our visit. I won't dwell on that! but on the plus side no one raised an eyebrow. You are provided with a locker, robe and a carry bag. Cleansers,shower gel/hair gel and cotton wool pads are all provided, so is mineral water (by the cup from machines).The set out is nice with a main area where you can get a fresh juice relax on loungers and read (magazines provided). There is also a quieter area with a pool with two water exercising machines in (one cross country machine and one bike) a jucuzzi (always quite busy) steam room and sauna.There is a separate spa salt pool.
Downside: It does not quite escape the London edge. E.g. felt very commercialised, treatments expensive and I did not like the facial products used (Sanctuary own brand). Not Sanctuary's fault but a lot of rude Londoners there (no thank you for holding doors open, doors shut behind without looking if you are coming through!). Place was slightly shabby, and not the cleanest. Lunch was superb (if extra cost!). In summary if you go, I would not spend too much on treatments (time better spent using facilities) and try to go during the week. We went on a Saturday (July 2003) and I am a Londoner! It is about £75 for the whole day, or you can get a package with lunch included.

2 Thank zinchow