“Hard to find the entrance...”

British Film Institute IMAX Cinema
Book In Advance
More Info
US$43.24*
and up
The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off
Ranked #172 of 1,689 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: British Film Institute IMAX 3-D films are presented on a 75-ft. screen and offer a larger-than-life sensory experience. Popular and classic films are also shown in 2-D.
Reviewed 1 January 2013

After we finally found the entrance, we then had to find out where to go once we were inside. After crossing that hurdle, we watched Indiana Jones. The theater itself was excellent.

8  Thank Rick M

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Greatest cinema in the world, hands down. Worth every extra penny compared to other West End cinemas (that are generally very small and cramped). We went to see The Hobbit here in 3D and the picture was incredible, perfect for this type of movie where you can really appreciate the cinematography and the landscapes. The only downfall is that you have to book up early to get a good seat as soon as the film comes out.

The IMAX is in an excellent location for going out to eat afterwards or for a walk along the South Bank and to save money, pop to the Sainsbury's opposite Waterloo station for your drinks and snacks.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Fantastic 3d effect on this huge screen. Mostly adult audience due to late showing. Staff friendly and informative, nice waiting area, snacks a bit expensive as with most cinemas

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Before setting off for this cinema my partner and I both tried to both tickets as worried. The app on our phones error-ed and apparently from reviews on app world this is a problem with them application.. you guys really should fix it. I tried calling the number and was told after the message your being charged 10p per minute to the privilege that i need to call another number. Ridicules. So we head off to the cinema via black cab from Victoria. Get completely drenched to arrive at the cinema and be told it's booked out apart from two seats which aren't together.. after explaining that my partner is coming from Brighton and myself from north west London we were told well if you want to can stay till the next showing but we can't sell you the tickets. CHARMING. So disappointing.. So in conclusion.. fix your app, even the website didn't say your sold out so fix that too and give the staff better training on customer services.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I went to see The Hobbit in 3D at IMAX BFI Waterloo. The film was scheculed for 9:15, but I am quite sure the doors did not open until 9:25. For a three-hour+ film to view at the latest time I felt this was unneccesary and I could feel other people getting restless for the film to begin also. The ads and trailers were clunkily played, stopping and starting with long pauses in between; lights coming on and off during this opening period. We were kucky to make the alst train when we got out.

Negative critique aside, the film was brilliant and the viewing experience was second to none, although some people may find the 3D viewing alittle jarring on the eyes.