“Ergon london ( greek food )”
Review of Ergon London - CLOSED

Ergon London
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 7 July 2014

it is small but good restaurant , must visit , their best thing is grilled shrimps , then grilled chicken is also good , another good dish is pastitsio nd then orzo pasta , their cola taste is just ok , it is Greek restaurant .

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am a huge fan of TV chef Dimitris Skarmoutsos, so was really looking forward to trying his new London venture.

Located in quiet street behind Selfridges, the restaurant is well presented from the outside with cafe style doors opening it to the street and a few outside tables.
Arrived on a warm Friday evening in July. All the neighbouring restaurants were packed, Ergon was the only one near empty. Strange.

Sat at an outside table and waited. In the end, had to go inside to find someone. There were 4 staff chatting at the back. 'Sorry didn't see you' was the cheery response. Thereafter they were pretty attentive, but not a great start.

Food wise: a solid average.
Portions a bit on the small side, but beautifully presented.
Pretty authentic tastes of Greece, with some nice fusion touches - for example small Kalamari on a pea puree bed. Or an excellent prawn Saganaki served on a black slate.

Supper for two, with an excellent bottle of greek wine, £88.
Not fantastic value for money for a Meze type meal with a shared main.
The surroundings were good (if very quiet) and the food was good. But I was left with the feeling that around £62 would have been a fairer price for the experience.

Not sure Ergon will make it. Which is a real shame.

1  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Tucked away in a quiet side street, this little Greek restaurant is unassuming. My Greek brother-in-law brought me here - it is well known amongst the Greek community. Slow cooked lamb shanks were amazing! A few others in the Meze that were ordered for me were fantastic!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We dashed in here out of the pouring rain for a light lunch . It was a good decision. It's a smallish, modern and airy place.
Firstly though there didn't seem to be much that we fancied on the menu, not being very familiar with Greek food. but luckily on a table near us a couple were eating a shallow pie which appealed. (Spinach and feta). This was on the breakfast menu for some reason. It was just referred to as pie of the day.
Anyway we shared this along with a nice Couscous salad with oven roasted vegetables. The white house wine was very pleasant and to follow we enjoyed a Greek coffee cheesecake and a
Greek yogurt mousse, with honeycomb, they were both yummy. We enjoyed our lunch very much and
found the staff friendly and would definitely like to return.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a massive fan of Greek food, so I am perhaps harder to please than most. I had high expectations for this restaurant after hearing great things from friends - and I'm delighted to say it delivered.

The food - cheese parcels, slow-roast lamb and baklava in my case - was absolutely divine. The lamb was cooked to perfection, falling from the bone. The rice served with it was silky smooth and perfectly seasoned. We were also given free dessert wine - and a free dessert (the Greek yoghurt mousse, which was even better than the baklava). I loved the modern touches to traditional Greek cooking.

The service was friendly, efficient and quick - we had our food within 10 minutes of ordering.

My only criticism is that I would like them to offer more wine by the glass. My friend doesn't drink, so it meant my choice was limited to one wine.

It's not a cheap meal, but comparable to other restaurants in the area. Each mouthful was an experience to remember and it won't be long before we are back.