“Don't go if your disabled !”
Review of The Forum

The Forum
Ranked #147 of 1,278 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Live music venue for top bands from Europe and America.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Don't go if your disabled !”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I went to see Halestorm at this venue.
I have to walk with a stick and not once did any of the ' staff ' acknowledge this !
I brought tickets that said Seating / Standing assuming there would be some seating for disabled but there was nothing, none of the staff even attempted to find any seating for me so ended up standing for 4 hours !!
The concet was brilliant but disgusted with the lack of help in the venue itself

Visited April 2014

sutton coldfield
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Birdy Concert March 2014”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went to see Birdy last October at the 'Manchester Academy 2' and this was a totally different experience. Fantasticly planned from start to finish, queue was organised well by staff to split in two different lines for Balcony and Standing. We got there about 5.30pm and managed to secure a perfect position right at the front of the standing area.
The arena was perfect size to give great acoustics and nice decor.
Would definately recommend as a great concert venue, big enough to have a great atmosphere but still have that intimate and special feel.
The only disappointment of the night was waiting for Birdy to sign my daughter's CD but she never arrived. Fantastic Security Guard who was very friendly and pleasant.
Birdy was superb as usual along with her band. She has the most amazing vocals I have heard throughout my generation of 46 years. A Wonderful Show!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank reekiekorky
Dublin, Ireland
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“A-OK venue”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

No where to sit, which is normally fine, but I was on a crutch (didn't know I would be when buying gig tickets). I did manage to nab a spot near the back beside a railing and that helped a lot.

Lots of toilets in the ladies that were quite clean for a gig venue.

Staff where very nice.

Lots of warnings about pickpockets though, so keep your valuables in a safe place.

The gig itself was excellent, Skindred. View was good, could see whole stage and the sound excellent.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cristin L
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fab night out, staff helpful with accessibility”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went to see a band. Sound was good. Venue was good for accessibility - my husband uses a wheelchair. Free ticket was provided for one of us, a member of staff spotted us as we arrived and took us straight in, to the accessible viewing area. Could be tricky for a big powered chair to get to the viewing area as you have to go down a narrow ramp past the cloakroom. Radar key entry to accessible toilet. No lowered bar but staff were about who could have helped if needed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Giffkins
London
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“OK venue, not very attractive though”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Forum is a bit dated, as if you were going to a gig 20 years ago. The positive is that it is relatively small. We were at the front raw of the balcony, and the sound and view were good.
But the rest is uninspiring: the staff (neither friendly nor unfriendly), the bar, the toilets, the neighborhood.
I suppose you only go to this place because your favorite band is playing (rather than choosing this place because you like it...). Will I go back? Hopefully not.

Visited September 2013