“Don't bother buying furniture if you live in a flat!”
Review of Laura Ashley

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Laura Ashley
Ranked #540 of 738 Shopping in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't bother buying furniture if you live in a flat!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Laura Ashley hide the fact that if you live any more than one floor up, delivery is £60 extra! I have spent so much money at their shop but it looks like my downstairs neighbours are going to enjoy my furniture rather than me! Had to wait 10 weeks for the privilege of this crappy service!

6 Thank maxine1987

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Disappointing quality from a shop once recognised for service and quality”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I purchased a plaid chair , custom made in a recommended fabric.
On arrival the plaid was wavy and the chair was very poorly upholstered .
When visited by a technician I was told , it was all over the place, it was not how he would have done it , but it was physics . Therefore he could not say it was faulty.
As a household with a two scientifically minded people we were taken aback by this!
The chair was not cheap and I personally like things that are meant to be straight to be straight , so I was disappointed to say the least.

Visited March 2014
10 Thank Sheila D
Liverpool, United Kingdom
563 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,220 helpful votes
“Check out the chintz...”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Contemporary women's fashions sit alongside high quality home furnishings and accessories. The fabrics they sell in their Home departments feature many designs and many are not a bit chintzy, but there are the trademarks florals too, if that's what you are after.

The made-to-measure service is efficient and the work skilful. I also like their bed linen and towels.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“No responses no bay pole but took my money December 2012”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Laura Ashley are a disgrace, lyndhurst sofa is saggy and cushions have collapsed despite following instructions to maintain. Pole I had to have specifically made for bay window paid for last Dec, over £1k, still waiting, lost order, cancelled order, reinstated order and now ten months later they no longer have any of the measurements taken last year. Curtains still in boxes, have written to complain, emailed to complain and called numerous times and they don't even respond despite threatening legal. PlEASE don't shop at LAURA ASHLEY, if they go bankrupt they will be doing hardworking people a favour in saving money and extreme disappointment. If shops could be regulated they should come with a severe stress warning HAZARDOUS!

Visited October 2012
11 Thank jillytb
wimbledon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Money was taken from account immediately after ordering 3 rolls of wallpaper online”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I placed an order on sunday 4th August 2013. Money was taken immediately out of my bank. Today 9th August I have had to call customer service by phone as I sent 2 emails and they did not answer. The calls cost 10p per minute. I was hanging on the phone for 10 minutes by an answer phone telling me there were 7 calls in front of me. . I asked them why they have not answered my emails re our order. She said they will only contact us when your goods are despatched. I asked when we could receive them they said middle of next week. I said I want to cancel the order and have monies returned immediately to my bank. The lady said as the delivery is close (middle of next week, I don't think so) she could cancel the order a bad they couldn't give me my money back. I advise anybody not to use Laura Ashley as they take your money and then they are not interested to what has happened to your order. 0/10 I would score them.

Visited August 2013