“classy contemplative place”

London Glassblowing
Ranked #113 of 374 Museums in London
More attraction details
Owner description: British glassworks shop.
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Very tempting gallery of beautiful objects in under-rated semi-posh bit of London. Nice atmosphere. Affordable art.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"techniques"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2017

London Glassblowing, with its blend of fire, craftsmanship, warmth of Gallery staff and beautiful objets d'art, is the jewel of Bermondsey Street. A great destination for art and craft collectors or to buy a special gift.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Touring on Bermondsey Street, we "fell" onto the London Glassblowing and could not resist a visit. The London Glassblowing consists of an exhibition shop in the front as well as the "atelier" at the back where the glass blowers work. There are seats to watch them work and it is absolutely fascinating. The pieces for sale in the exhibition shop are simply wonderful - but way out of my price range! Still, even if it is just to admire the beauty of the work, it's definitely worth the detour.

1  Thank Bisoubelle
Reviewed 27 November 2016

where does one start to tel you about this experience. It was magical, mesmerising and most enjoyable. I booked this 1 day glass blowing course and it surpassed my expectations and more. I flew from Dublin for the day course feeling a bit nervous and unsure I would be able to complete any task. With the excellent guidance of our tutors, Anthony Scala and James Alexander, they put us all at ease and gave us great confidence in all the pieces we completed, 4 in all. When lunchtime came, I was reluctant to leave the studio as I got so engrossed in my and others students work.
It is quite hard work and very hot and concentration while working is a must.
When finishing the day, I was so happy with the day, the students and the tutors, I have already booked Part 2 for May next year! Roll on 2017 and I look forward to continuing this amazing art form. Many many thanks to Anthony and James.