“Appalling”

Add it.
Cargo Homeshop
Ranked #522 of 721 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Household and furniture shop.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Went to there Chichester branch and the only person serving was on a mobile phone and totally ignored me. So I left my items and walked out. I will never go back !

Visited October 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It won't let me rate zero”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have paid the £50 delivery charge but now my order is ready for delivery I have been told to wait another 11 days for the actually delivery. Worst service I have ever experienced. Ordered on another website and was able to select a suitable day for deliver 3 days after order AND it was free! Cargo however think it is perfectly acceptable to charge me for such a terrible service.
I will update after the delivery but wouldn't be surprised if it is more poor service I report.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Anna186361
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very unhelpful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

The last four years I have seen standards dropped.
The staff over the last 18 months have become awful!
Standing around talking, rude and offensive to people who don't measure up to their "standards"
I complained to the customer service manager.
Because I didn't spend loads of money couldn't even been bothered to offer me a gift voucher as a goodwill gesture.
Avoid this place.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do not buy an Esprit corner sofa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have purchased many items of furniture from Cargo and found that on close inspection most items have been repaired due to poor materials and workmanship.

I bought a Esprit corner sofa about 1 year ago in the sale that's what drew me in!
It was stated that it was made of hard wood, the visable internal parts are made of chip board and soft wood. Only hard wood found on the corner braces and bottom cross beams for the castors.
I found this out because the sprung support has given way due to being stretched front and back + side to side with no secure or robust fixings or support from below.
I weigh less than 14 stone and I expected a lot more for my money.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Staveburch
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The best delivery service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was really surprised to read all the problems posted here about service. I hit really lucky by the sounds of things. The three staff I first spoke to about a sofa were fab. I was really impressed that one gave me a heads up about delivery and said I'd better check the stair access to my second floor flat was ok or the delivery company they use would not be very helpful. Cargo's customer service were efficient in responding to an email query I sent checking this. In fact, the delivery company were the best. When I called to re-arrange (due to Argos screwing up a delivery I was trying to co-ordinate with Cargo so I'd only have to take one day off work), they were very helpful and efficient and I got a confirmation text of the new delivery time. On the day, they rang beforehand with an ETA and - what I really didn't expect - the two guys not only negotiated my awkward stairwell but 1) offered to assemble the sofa (which I'm sure is above and beyond but as single woman I was grateful) even though I already knew they had other deliveries to do and 2) when they found a small fault, they advised me to write it on the delivery note as a record and signed my copy as confirmation. Basically, every step of the way Cargo and its delivery service went one step further. I've never reviewed a store service before but I am so impressed. I live in Chessington so maybe the delivery guys for my area are better than the other posters on here.

Visited January 2013