“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Penhaligon's

Penhaligon's
Ranked #96 of 721 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Traditional perfume and cosmetics shop.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Walked into the store on Regent street looking for authentic perfume to take back home with me. It was not crowded and I had the attention of a very nice young woman who took her time with me sampling the different scents. I ended up buying 2 of the perfumes. It was a truly lovely store and the sales girls were so very welcoming and friendly. I am glad I walked into the store.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank kiwizoe

Jerusalem, Israel
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I must disagree with some of the reviewers here - to me this is a must see in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I visited this store for the first time when I was a teenager in the 80s. Ever since then I always try to visit this store when I am in London. By entering it you enter another world. A world of scents and perfumes and people who are passionate salespeople of perfumes and can speak endlessly about all kinds of quaint facts about them. I love it, To me this is the true experience of one of the last remains of the British empire. I really believe that entering this store in the 19th century would not have been a much different experience only that someone like me (i.e. not of the English nobility) would have been chased out with a broom. I normally buy a perfume or two there. Or I pamper myself with a deodorant. I love the oldest scents - the Blenheim bouquet or Hammam Bouquet but I also smell a few new scents every time. It is very easy to miss this place when you are in Covent Garden. Don't!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Dan S
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stay clear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been buying perfumes from Penhaligon's for two good years before realizing what's going on. At some point around the time when you have used 2 to 3/4th of the perfume (with a use of twice full sprays per day), you will realize that the perfume doesn't smell as it did originally as the strength of the perfume diminishes significantly thereafter. I had also bought the spraying device which stopped working after a year. I went to the shop and the shop assistant told me "Of course, our items have a certain life span"... definitely not worth the money.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank A P
Tokyo, Japan
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Nice decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I went Burlington Arcade shop to buy Malabah hand & body cream for my friend.
The shop wasw very nice atomosphere and a shopgirl was kind.
Address: 16-17 Burlington Arcade, Piccadilly, London W1J OPL.
Phone: +44(0) 2076291416

Visited April 2012
1 Thank 1100PlumGrove
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classic Authentic Fragrances From a Different Age”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Despite the subtle, understated packaging, Penhaligon's fragrances draw from ingredients, formulas and philosophies often overlooked by todays fragrance producers.
If you are looking for that unique scent to distinguish you from the crowd, checking out one of the London stores is a great way to familiarise yourself with the products on offer.
Some of these mixes are as close to magic potions as I have found yet, with my personal (secret) favourite working like some sort of hypnotic switch when smelt by women around me. It seems to be an unfair advantage in the dating world, perhaps it comes down to the fact that only the finest natural ingredients are used.
Pricing however, like many things these days, is better investigated online after you've selected the scent that sets you apart and matches your personal chemistry.
For some reason Penhaligon's products seem to be significantly cheaper when purchased domestically in countries like Dubai and Australia.

Visited January 2012