“We'll Be Back!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“We'll Be Back!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived, it's been refurbished and is very funky indeed! Loved it. The room was spacious, no noise (it's right in the heart of the action for Shoreditch and Brick Lane/ Petticoat Lane, really great location!) and a super-comfy bed. Spotlessly clean and with lovely staff, all friendly, chatty and helpful. What more can you ask from an hotel? A credit to the Accor brand. Breakfast was great too. Spot on, hope to stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Human Resources & Administration Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kristinehamn, Sweden
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Clean room and nice staff. There is a water kettle in the room and the selection of channels on the tv is decent. There was even free wifi (the first day anyway). Breakfast was good but a bit pricy. Good restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely live here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Corishev
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, 30 April 2014

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Having stayed at a few IBIS hotels now both in England and Europe I was not surprised at the fantastic quality of everything from clean quiet room to lovely breakfast with everything you could wish for, location is great with two tube stations just round the corner, and within two minutes walk Petticoat Lane, just doesn't get better than that, the hotel bar at night was buzzing and plentyof choice, good beers etc. And pleasant staff, look forward to staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Can't say, we got rooms at the rear so perhaps that was good, less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick T
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Sibiu, Romania
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My business trip started terrible once entering this awful hotel, that treated me with total disrespect and racism. Even if I have had a reservation, I've been asked for a deposit just to make sure I'll pay the accommodation...before the check in. I was outraged by this kind of treatment towards foreigners. I had to pay the entire cost otherwise they wouldn't let me to enter the room (it was 10 pm). Imagine this: an unaccompanied young woman in a foreign country, at 10 PM, no accommodation, left in the street if she didn't pay her stay before checking in! I was expecting a little more civilized way of handling this kind of situation.
I strongly recommend you to avoid this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Oana P
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ibis London City. I was surprised and disappointed to read that our check-in process caused you to feel the way you did. Especially since our hotel has such a diverse multicultural team that represents over 14 nationalities including the county you feature on your TripAdvisor profile.
Please be assured that no disrespect was intended while checking you in, so my apologise for any offense caused. To secure your reservation the hotel needed to guarantee a form of payment, which we do with all our guests, irrespective of their nationality.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Northumberland, England
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month. The rooms are fairly basic. The bathrooms are self contained pods-unusual.

Breakfast is a basic buffet with little choice and the breakfast plates are very small. Staff are very friendly.

The hotel is next door to Aldgate East tube station and within walking distance of the Tower of London. There is also a Tesco express next door that is open until 11pm.

Would recommend and use again because of great location.

Room Tip: Take a high floor to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim D
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Ibis London City.
I was delighted to read that generally you enjoyed the hotel, our facilities and location.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Disappointing Stay. Ibis goes out of their way to say they will take care of anything you need within 15 minutes or the service is on them. Well, in my csse it was easy - saying "no" takes far less time that that...

I arrived after an overnight flight and had an hour to change and get to my all-day meting. The hotel simply said "rooms not ready - come back in 4 hours". My repeated explanation that I did not need a room, just a place to stay fell on death ears. In the end, in an act of supreme service, I was granted special permission (how big of them!) to use the public toilette to change. Great start.

Later in the stay I asked for an iron and ironing board to be brought to my room - I was rudely told told to go to a room on another floor.

I asked for a bottle opener, and was just told to go downstairs to the bar instead.

etc...

The room was fine (though small), but the building facing it had it lights on the entire day/night, and without proper curtains, it meant there was no possibility to go to sleep in a dark room.

So basically, if you want a pre-fabricated hotel, with zero personality, no flexibility and to be told to go to hell if you don't want exactly what has been set up by Ibis - then this is the perfect place for you.

Room Tip: pick another hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Giullaume D, TEAM MEMBER at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this review, 28 October 2016
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis London City - Shoreditch.

ELENA
England
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have just checked in today. On booking I made it clear that I was disabled and have mobility issues. The room I received at check in was entirely unsuitable. Upon complaining I was moved to another room, but it is equally unsuitable. The staff were helpful in moving rooms but they are totally unsuitable. Unfortunately I have to stay for five nights. It is a business booking and I shall be doing my utmost to ensure my employers do not use this chain again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank muzziad
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ibis London City. I was extremely disappointed to learn about your dissatisfaction with your accessible room. Although you found the team to be helpful in moving you to one of our 19 accessible rooms, it is still unfortunate that the second room also did not meet your expectation.
We aim to meet and exceed our guests’ expectation and unfortunately on this occasion we failed to do that. I therefore sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and I would appreciate if you gave us an opportunity to discuss this further. So if possible, could you please contact the hotel direct at a time convenient to you.
Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you.