Ibis London City-Shoreditch
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
4,239 results
All reviewsaldgate east tube stationbrick lanespitalfields marketlondon citytesco expresstower bridgedistrict linejust round the cornerminute walkbusiness tripshort stayconvenient locationrooms are smallcomfy bedtea and coffeedouble roomwest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is located around the corner from the Tube, and a few blocks away from the Tower of London and the London Bridge.
The Spitalfield Market is also close by, as well as the City. The Hotel is new, rooms not too large but very comfortable and neat. The breakfast buffet was diverse and tasteful.
The staff is of very diverse origin, many different accents of English can be heard, but all of them are very polite and efficient. I would recommend this Hotel for its balance of price, location and comfort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pablogui56
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Ibis London City. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and the hotel services. I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Decent price. Clean rooms. Free WiFi. We had a comfortable stay. Staff were OK - the member of staff working at reception did not know where the o2 arena was when I asked how to get there - which I thought was fairly pathetic. We also got food when we came home for the room and were told we would have to come down to reception to collect it. Is this what room service is like these days. All in all a good spot. Great Sunday market right next to hotel - maybe a 5min walk max. Worst part of our stay was the cleaning lady knocking on our door at 9.30am looking to clean - this was annoying to say the least!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Ibis London City Hotel. I am glad that generally the facilities and services we provide were enjoyable, but I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with our service at the reception and when sleeping in your room. Please rest assured that I shall follow up on the issues addressed.
We appreciate your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ibis London City so that my team and I can demonstrate that to you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms were really clean, the beds comfortable. Only negative thing: the bathroom is really tiny and not that luxurious, but, as well really clean.
Hotel staff was really nice and the breakfast was good. There were fruits, yogurt, toast, bread, croissants, coffee, hot chocolate, cereal, cheese and so on.
Nice hotel if you don't want to pay a lot and still get some comfort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis London City Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Budget hotels can be ok. Or they can make you feel like a battery chicken. At worst, they make you feel like a battery chicken that has been mugged. Welcome to the Ibis 'London City'. I have to stay here regularly on business, but recently my wife and I stayed in order to catch the Eurostar early the next day. Putting two people into a 'double' tested the comfort of the room to destruction. It probably didn't help that we were paying for ourselves.

The public areas of the Ibis 'London City' are ok. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The wifi usually works. The rooms and all their furnishings are mega basic. One person and his luggage fits in. Two people and their luggage don't. The toilet pod, a kind of room-within-a-room arrangement, is horrible. No space, nowhere to put your toiletries. And if you actually use the lavatory, the aroma is recirculated into the bedroom. If flat screen TVs weren't invented, the TV would be in the bed with you, because it wouldn't fit in otherwise.

The hotel is reasonably quiet at night. Don't eat breakfast here. It's expensive and you can get better locally for less money. 'London City'. Well that's kind of true. it is in London, which is definately a city. But it's not in the actual City of London. It's in Spitalfields. Ibis London Spitalfields would both be more accurate and give strangers to London a better sense of what to expect.

If it cost £50, you'd accept this. Instead, it costs three times as much. Stay at the Penn Club instead, which is a lot cheaper, you get an ok breakfast and you stay in a historic building on a leafy square in Bloomsbury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rod_Pole
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at the Ibis London City hotel and for your positive comment about our staff. This means even more to us as it is coming from one of our regular guest who is very familiar with the hotel. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team.
I was however sorry to learn that on this occasion, while you were staying with your wife, the services we provided fell short of your expectations. I would therefore like to apologise for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The size room you had is a standard Ibis specification so all 348 rooms would be of a similar size and in line with your previous visits.
Following the recent refurbishment of the restaurant and the upgrade to our breakfast offer, we have received numerous positive reviews about our all you can eat full English breakfast which is priced at £8.95. We take on board your point that there are other food outlets in the area that may be priced lower than us however based on the overall guests feedback, we believe that we offer good value for money. Please try it when you next stay with us.
Thank you for your guidance regarding our name and location, which I am sure was already explored by our marketing team when naming the hotel. Based on their area of expertise they decided that “Ibis London City” was more recognisable to potential guests than say “Ibis London Spitalfield”.
Thank you one again for your valued feedback and for sharing your experience with us. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Ibis London City.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for six nights during last month (May 2014). A down to earth business hotel. The lobby, bar and restaurant areas are clean and well furnished. The check-in was efficiently handled. The room is just big enough to accommodate two big suitcases with little room for manoeuvring them. The queen size bed is quite soft and comfortable. Although the weather outside was cold, the room itself was too warm for comfort. We were unable to control the AC through the controller provided in the room. The front desk personnel were unable to help us except stating that the complaint will be attended to in the morning. When we came back in the evening the next day the situation with respect to the AC had not changed a wee bit. Another trip to the front desk was as helpless as before. Finally we had to open the window to let in some fresh cold air. However, the window shutters could be opened only up to around 40 degrees. We were told that this is due to security reasons. Since on an average we were paying 120 GBP per night, the least we expect is a cool and comfortable room to sleep in after a long outing in the city. The room is furnished with just bare necessities with chairs and a wall mounted table platform and a divan. Coffee maker is provided but has no mini fridge or microwave oven. No soaps are provided. You need to make use of the liquid soap from the wall mounted squeezee bottles. We found it hard sometimes to get the soap solution from these bottles especially when the hands are wet. However, where this hotel scores and perhaps the reason why we chose this hotel in the first place is its location. The location is simply great. The east Algate tube station is just two minutes walk from the hotel. Tesco express grocery shop is next door to the hotel. There is a Costa coffee shop next to the tube entrance. The hotel serves buffet breakfast at GBP 8.5. The spread is limited specially if you are a vegetarian like us.
To access the hotel from Algate East tube station, take the exit marked on the wall “Toynbee hall”. Then proceed over the steps and take Exit 1. The hotel is just round the corner.

There is no provision for storing the baggages in the hotel for more than 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ananda H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback following your stay at ibis London City. I was disappointed to read the problems you encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that I shall follow up on the issues addressed. Our priority is to offer our guests a hassle free stay so thank you for bringing your experience to my attention for follow up.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Kind regards,