Ibis London City-Shoreditch
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
4,239 results
All reviewsaldgate east tube stationbrick lanespitalfields marketlondon citytesco expresstower bridgedistrict linejust round the cornerminute walkbusiness tripshort stayconvenient locationrooms are smallcomfy bedtea and coffeedouble roomwest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It's a very convenient location: by Aldgate East tube station and close to Spitalfields, with friendly, helpful staff.

The room was a little larger than some Ibis hotels (i.e. small but not minuscule) and it was clean and fresh. I was also disappointed that there was no fridge or iron and ironing board in the room, but the TV worked and the bed was comfy. I faced a building under construction so it was noisy with the window open.

I was also disappointed that the restaurant is no longer French, as I had planned to try it out; but a cheaper global and more fast-food theme. We didn't eat there, with so many excellent places in Brick Lane. (We chose an Argentinian one.) Despite that, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: They are probably all noisy, but worth asking for advice at check-in
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Margaret F
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a detailed review about your stay in Ibis London City hotel. I am delighted your positive comments about our cleanliness and it is great that the location served well for the purpose of your visit.
I apologise however for the fact that you did not find our restaurant menu attractive. All comments received are reviewed and discussed and used to influence future product and service developments so thank you for bringing this to my attention for follow up.
With regard to the noise in the hotel, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and for the impact this had on your stay. It is our hope that you give us the opportunity to offer you a room on the other side of the building where you won't be disturbed the next time when booking with us. Please accept my apologies.
Last, when visiting us next time please kindly keep in mind we have ironing room facilities available 24/7.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and I do hope that we will welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in London and stayed at this Ibis great location. The room was simply good and quiet. My special thanks go to Thierry (African or West Indian) at the reception; he was friendly and very professional. The location is simply right and we even discovered a great club Koko nearby. There is a Tesco express next to the Ibis hotel and you could do your grocery shopping there.

Room Tip: I believed all rooms have 3 digits. The first digit is for the floor and the last two digits are the room. You may ask for rooms which finish with these two digits: 35,34,33,32,31,30,29,28,27,26,25. There are all facing the inner courtyard. Even those finishing with 01, 03, 05, 53, 55 and 57 are facing the inner courtyard as well. The view is simply a tall glass building but the silence is priceless
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Third time at an Ibis hotel and the most enjoyable one to date.

Clean and spacious (twin) room - with shower unit - is an Ibis standard. What really sets this hotel apart is the friendliness and approachability of the reception staff. This made checking in/out really easy. I needed their assistance during our stay and was impressed with their extremely professional guest management skills! Given that we were there mid-July (tourist peak), I welcomed the way everything seem to run smoothly.

Reception/breakfast/ dining area is pleasing on the eye, appearing to have had a recent makeover. Re: breakfast - good value for money, wide choice of buffet options. Tip: the early bird catches the 'worm' .... I'm referring to seat availability there, by the way ;-) Commitments elsewhere prevented us sampling on-site restaurant.

Ideal location for reaching city landmarks and nearby Spitalfields/Aldgate/Brick Lane area worth a visit too.

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was a 3 star hotel, not luxurious, but sort of like a business district on the east side. The staff was very friendly & helpful. No consieur, but the Bartender was especially helpful. We were debating on how to get around in the city to various sites - on whether to get all tours or go on our own. He explained the tube & how to use it especially with our GPS for the sites, on the phone & the maps available when using the tube. He also told us by purchasing the oyster card, the maximum we would be charged on the tube was 8 euros, even though we had a lot planned all over the city. So, out we went & had a wonderful time. The station was also right @ by the hotel . Also had a wonderful breakfast. Very close to Tower & Eye. I would stay there again. Dorothy

Room Tip: We were on 3 & no complaints