“Made in Chelsea private tour”
Review of The Tour Hub

The Tour Hub
Ranked #222 of 716 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Tour Hub takes you on exciting and unique walking tours of London. The best way to experience London is to get underneath the hustle and bustle and discover the unusual and intimate places. From the magnificence of Mayfair to oober trendy East London, it's all in The Tour Hub mix.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My 15 year old daughter and her friend had just finished their GCSE's, their treat was a 'mums & daughters' day out in London. The girls wanted something frivolous and fun after weeks of exams. With this in mind we searched for a 'Made in Chelsea' (MIC) tour and found George.

George was so helpful from the first phone conversation. A great 'can do' attitude.

The tour was exactly what we asked for; fun, frivolous, informative and believe it or not we even spotted some celebs on our walking tour; Caggie from MIC standing at a bus stop, Ben Fogle walking along the Kings Road and finally Bob Geldof chatting on a streeet corner! If youre not lucky enough to spot anyone George illustrates the tour with clips of the show on his IPad - a great tool for explaining what happened where. We were taken into interesting venues which had been used in the show.

I've been to London numerous times but George walked us around side streets that I'd never visited before. We made some wonderful discoveries. It was a great treat to go exploring whith such a friendly, positive, knowledgeable, fun guy.

George was keen to know what we wanted to do and took great care to make the tour fit us. There was a lovely sense of being 'looked after'. George patiently and enthusiastically answered all of our questions and very kindly walked us to our afternoon tea venue at the end of the tour, making sure that he delivered us there bang on time!

We're certainly going to do another tour but which one? Perhaps Royal London with my girlfriends followed by afternoon tea somewhere nice and Magnificent Mayfair with the family or perhaps Harry Potter .... sounds like it could be several tours!

So I'd recommend that you put your comfortable shoes on and have a fun time discovering MIC land, who knows who you might spy!

1  Thank Katy M

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This tour, led by George, is great! Since we are not fluent in english, he made an effort to give us a private tour. He spoke slowly so that we could understand everything. It's a perfect mix of history, culture, and anything else you could imagine. I definitely recommend it to anyone this tour to anyone that wants to have a good time!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoy this tour. There were the familiar sites which you got to learn more about and the sites/businesses which you may have missed before if you worked in or passed through this area previously - great information was given. George, our tour guide was amicable and knew his area well, he certainly made the trip worthwhile with his knowledge and friendliness. I would definitely recommend it.

JD

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I haven't done a walking tour before but this has been a very positive experience. George,the tour guide was great. He was very knowledgeable but also entertaining. Never boring.
I have passed through Mayfair many times totally oblivious to the history of what was around me.
I am very much looking forward to the next tour.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've lived & worked in London for since the 70s, but found there was so much to learn in this Mayfair tour. George has developed a great route, with lots of very interesting information and stories, all with a light touch. My friend and I had a really good time. I would totally recommend this outing. George's manner makes it feel like a personal tour.