This is the second time for us to go to London. We booked the 51 Hamleys package and our 5 years old boy absolutely loves it. After staying at 51 Buckingham Gate for 3 nights, we feel that it is a nice hotel but there are things that they could have worked on.
1. Their suite is very spacious and well equipped.
2. Room service food is delicious.
3. Location is not bad and very convenience. We took taxi most of the time and all the taxi drivers have no problem locating the hotel. There are also convenience store and supermarket close to the hotel so it is easy to get what you need.
4. Most of the staffs are being very friendly and helpful during our stay.
5. The package that we booked is very good for family with children. The private cooking lesson conducted in our suite is the most fun thing to do. Our son enjoyed so much and he is so happy to have his own chef jacket to bring home with.
1. With 5 stars hotel and stay in their suite, you would expect Wi-fi service to be a standard service. However we're disappointed to find out that we have to pay extra for the Wi-fi service. Besides, if you have more than one devices, you will need to purchase Wi-fi service for each of the devices! We purchased one for 24 hours but are most shocked to find out that their service is not even stable. We kept being cut off from their connection and have to re-login every 5 mins or so. The speed of their Wi-fi connection is fast but staying connected has been a problem. This happens even when we stay still in one spot in our suite so it is frustrated to find out we lost the connection so often, although we haven't been moving around. We called their reception for help and the way the staff handle it was just to tell us that it is normal when you move around the suite the connection may drop. At one point, he sounds like it is our fault when the connection is bad which we think is not professional at all. At the end, we never purchase the service again.
2. Breakfast at the hotel can be a bit of hectic. There are obviously not enough seats or tables at the breakfast area so if you go in late, you may have to wait. We tried the food in the hotel and love it except for their breakfast. Their coffee is not hot and they are quite slow in terms of service.
3. The second day we have booked the Hamleys tour which is included in the package. They were a bit unorganized in terms of giving us information on who to contact with at the toy shop. The concierge has been trying his best to help but we still ended up waiting for over 15 mins before we could leave the hotel.
4. The day we left the hotel, their water boiler broken so we had no hot water for shower that morning. It took a while for them to finally figure out what went wrong. They offered another suite for us to have shower but it has been quite inconvenience especially when you have to rush and check out by 12pm.
51 Buckingham Gate is a lovely hotel. We believe that their intention is to provide good service to their guests but unfortunately, the service is still not up to the 5 stars standard. We would recommend their Hamleys package to friends with young children but would love to see them to be more thoughtful when it comes to service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London