Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #6 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were very impressed with every single experience we had at the hotel, from the moment we stepped into the gates of 51 Buckingham Gate. The welcome and courtesy was unparalleled. Special commendation goes to each and every staff who went out of the way to ensure we were looked after well, specially Thomas, Maria, Mohit, Nelson and Nabila. I apologize for not remembering the names of a few others who were also tremendous. The rooms were perfect; actually even better than anticipated. We found the property to be beautiful and very charming. The kitchen in the room was great; it had everything we needed, including tea and coffee and during the latter half of our stay of 9 night, a great Nespresso machine. Any request for assistance was promptly taken care of. The food at Quilon was wonderfu. Given our very positive experience, we have already recommended this property to several of our friends and family with glowing references. Keep up the good work and a big thank you to everyone for making our stay so special and memorable.

1  Thank SeemaSI
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear SeemaSI,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at 51 Buckingham Gate with such wonderful words for us. I am so happy to know that you were welcomed and care for in a way that delighted you, and specially for your mention of so many of my colleagues who were very happy to read about how their service assisted you to better enjoy your stay.

While reading your review I smiled about your reference to the arrival of the Nespresso machine to your suite, and I am sorry that we could only manage to offer it to you at the end of your stay (that was the day we introduce them) I am happy, as this is the latest amenity that we have added to all the suites at the hotel and I do hope this sleek coffee maker and the selection of coffee blends will be loved by many more guests in the future.

A big thank you for recomending us to your friends and family and I very much look forward to welcome them to 51 and to ensure they also have a fantastic time with us.

I do hope we will see you soon again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 October 2011

A very big thank you to all the staff at 51 for making our stay with you so wonderful. It is the genuine warmth and care shown by staff that make all the difference. Our apartment was truly delightful, huge by London standards, extremely comfortable with all the modern appliances and luxury bathroom goodies. We cannot recommend 51 highly enough, mainly for its staff, but its location to so many London attractions and stores. We will be returning and are more than happy to sing its praises to all our travelling friends.

2  Thank Kate_Tascott

Dear Kate_Tascott,

Thank you ever so much for your fabulous review of 51 Buckingham Gate and thank you for choosing to stay with us this September.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the size of your suite and its amenities, we truly wish to make each guest stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one and special thanks for your lovely comments for my colleagues who will do anything in their hands for you to have a memorable stay.

I am really happy to know that you will recommend us to your friends and via your review to other Tripadvisor members and I sincerely look forward to seeing you back at 51 very soon.

Best wishes and warm regards

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 4 nights and it was one of the highlights of our London visit! We've been to Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons hotels before and the rooms here are comprable to those but it was the service here that made this hotel stand out! The front desk staff, from the concierge (Nelson was one of them) to the "butlers" were incredibly helpful, friendly, and thoughtful. One butler saw me standing in the lobby with a bag of groceries and offered to take it off my hands and bring to my room for me while we inquired about the local attractions. When I went to my room I couldn't find the bag until I realized he had put away the groceries for me in the fridge! What service!! The Taj suites are affiliated with The Crown Plaza hotel next door which also looks nice but if you're looking for a suite with a kitchen and that extra special touch....51 Buckingham is the place to stay. Location can't be beat...right around the corner from Buckingham Palace and the Big Bus Tour (which was also a great way to see London). All in all a wonderful experience! I highly recommend it!

js
Danville, CA

1  Thank mjc01
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear mjc01,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to know you that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very grateful for your kind words for the buter and concierge team, they do indeed try every time to delight our guests in every possibly way and it is just wonderful to know that their assistance made you feel pampered and looked after.

Thank you once again for your fantastic support and I wish to see you soon again at 51.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

From all over the world, their special staff make your dreams come true. As I am from Brazil, there was Yara, a lovely young lady that spoiled me so much I don´t want to go back home never more!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear BlancaBrasil,

Thank you so much for your lovely post, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate so much that you didn't want to go back home.

Having associates at the hotel from so many countries including our lovely and friendly Brazilian butler means that we can make you feel very comfortable by getting to know you better.

Sadly you had to return to Brazil but I sincerely hope you will return to London again and will stay with us.

Muito obrigado

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed in a Junior Suite, huge bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries, fabulous bed, 2 TVs, DVD with massive free rental library, wi-fi and in-room fax, lounge area and a fully equipped kitchen - even including washing machine. Free tea, coffee, water, newspapers. Everything was pristine. The Spa is very good, the Courtyard Bar is a great place for a late evening drink by the fountain (the food's good there too) and what I really liked was the separate entrance which meant guests don't have to tramp through reception to get in or out, so it was almost like staying in private apartments. Simply superb in every way and to my mind excellent value.

2  Thank anthony t
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear anthony t,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I am very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and delighted to learn that you very much enjoyed the amenities in your suite and your experience of many of the hotel facilities such as the Spa and the Courtyard.

Indeed having several entraces in to the hotel means you can have as much privacy as you desire, or you can join the rest of the guests in the main lobby and the Libary if you wish for the feeling of a buzzing hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write about us, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bed suite. It was spacious and airy with a large sitting room and fully equipped kitchen. It was probable getting ready for refurbishment as the decoration was getting a little tired and the beds were not the most comfortable. However, this did not stop us having a thoroughly enjoyable stay there. The standard of service was of the highest order. The staff were wonderful, offering excellent, friendly and sincere service. The breakfast was very good indeed and freshly cooked to order. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Jaclh,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely review, it is simply wonderful to know that the hotel team made your stay a very special one and they are the main reason for you to wish to come back to stay with us.

This year, we will be doing some minor but interesting changes to many of the two bedroom suites such as the one you stayed in by adding some colour and brightness to them which I am sure you will love when you return.

Be sure we will be delighted to see you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Faultless services, well cleaned rooms with a good selection of room service and resteraunts. Extremely convenient for anyone staying in central london with easy access to heathrow via victoria. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Grizzlybe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your experience of 51 Buckingham Gate, I am very happy to see that you really felt that 51 was a home away from home for you.

The suites and the hotel facilities simply offer you what you would expect at home plus a team of welcoming staff to offer you anything else you would miss from home and everything you wish for.

So come back home whenever you have the opportunity to visit London again.