Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #5 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Frankfurt, Germany
“So So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was in London for a few days. I go to London very often. I always try to stay in another hotel to try different experience. This was my worst experience. The staff was not very friendly. They were not even smiling at the front desk. I asked a few questions the answers were not helpful and good enough. This was my first and last time stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Semsettin J
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear SemsettinJ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am terribly dissapointed to know that your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate back in December last year was not to your satisfaction and specially dissapointed to see that you did not find on the team the warmth and caring attitude that we really pride ourselves on.

Since you are a regular traveller to London I would very much like for you to give us a second opportunity to show you our hospitality, I am sure you will find many changes at the hotel over the last 10 months and I will be delighted to personally meet you and to ensure that your every need is taken care of.

With warm regards and best wishes

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Insch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Service was second to none. All the staff were amazingly polite and helpful, always with a smile. Very pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a beautiful 1 bedroom suite. The amenities of the room were beyond expectation which made for a very memorable break.
I cannot remember the names of the staff but the front office staff and Manager were highly professional in the manner that we were treated. As the waiter for the complimentary drinks.
There are so many wonderful touches that I will not divulge as it will spoil the surprise for other guests.

All in all a most wonderful break that was worth every penny and only hope that it will not be too long before retuning

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sadax,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and also for posting such wonderful photos of your Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, it is lovely to know that you enjoyed your upgrade and you found the suite and amenities to your liking.

Your kind words towards the team are very much appreciated by all of us and I am delighted that you found them welcoming and their warm smiles made you enjoy your stay even more.

Please do come back when you next travel to London, it would be wonderful to see you return to 51 Buckingham Gate and maybe you will try our newest Signature suites as they are totally amazing.

Warmest regards

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were very impressed with every single experience we had at the hotel, from the moment we stepped into the gates of 51 Buckingham Gate. The welcome and courtesy was unparalleled. Special commendation goes to each and every staff who went out of the way to ensure we were looked after well, specially Thomas, Maria, Mohit, Nelson and Nabila. I apologize for not remembering the names of a few others who were also tremendous. The rooms were perfect; actually even better than anticipated. We found the property to be beautiful and very charming. The kitchen in the room was great; it had everything we needed, including tea and coffee and during the latter half of our stay of 9 night, a great Nespresso machine. Any request for assistance was promptly taken care of. The food at Quilon was wonderfu. Given our very positive experience, we have already recommended this property to several of our friends and family with glowing references. Keep up the good work and a big thank you to everyone for making our stay so special and memorable.

1 Thank SeemaSI
Dear SeemaSI,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at 51 Buckingham Gate with such wonderful words for us. I am so happy to know that you were welcomed and care for in a way that delighted you, and specially for your mention of so many of my colleagues who were very happy to read about how their service assisted you to better enjoy your stay.

While reading your review I smiled about your reference to the arrival of the Nespresso machine to your suite, and I am sorry that we could only manage to offer it to you at the end of your stay (that was the day we introduce them) I am happy, as this is the latest amenity that we have added to all the suites at the hotel and I do hope this sleek coffee maker and the selection of coffee blends will be loved by many more guests in the future.

A big thank you for recomending us to your friends and family and I very much look forward to welcome them to 51 and to ensure they also have a fantastic time with us.

I do hope we will see you soon again.

Best wishes

Tascott NSW Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

A very big thank you to all the staff at 51 for making our stay with you so wonderful. It is the genuine warmth and care shown by staff that make all the difference. Our apartment was truly delightful, huge by London standards, extremely comfortable with all the modern appliances and luxury bathroom goodies. We cannot recommend 51 highly enough, mainly for its staff, but its location to so many London attractions and stores. We will be returning and are more than happy to sing its praises to all our travelling friends.

2 Thank Kate_Tascott
Dear Kate_Tascott,

Thank you ever so much for your fabulous review of 51 Buckingham Gate and thank you for choosing to stay with us this September.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the size of your suite and its amenities, we truly wish to make each guest stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one and special thanks for your lovely comments for my colleagues who will do anything in their hands for you to have a memorable stay.

I am really happy to know that you will recommend us to your friends and via your review to other Tripadvisor members and I sincerely look forward to seeing you back at 51 very soon.

Best wishes and warm regards

Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 4 nights and it was one of the highlights of our London visit! We've been to Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons hotels before and the rooms here are comprable to those but it was the service here that made this hotel stand out! The front desk staff, from the concierge (Nelson was one of them) to the "butlers" were incredibly helpful, friendly, and thoughtful. One butler saw me standing in the lobby with a bag of groceries and offered to take it off my hands and bring to my room for me while we inquired about the local attractions. When I went to my room I couldn't find the bag until I realized he had put away the groceries for me in the fridge! What service!! The Taj suites are affiliated with The Crown Plaza hotel next door which also looks nice but if you're looking for a suite with a kitchen and that extra special touch....51 Buckingham is the place to stay. Location can't be beat...right around the corner from Buckingham Palace and the Big Bus Tour (which was also a great way to see London). All in all a wonderful experience! I highly recommend it!

js
Danville, CA

1 Thank mjc01
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear mjc01,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to know you that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very grateful for your kind words for the buter and concierge team, they do indeed try every time to delight our guests in every possibly way and it is just wonderful to know that their assistance made you feel pampered and looked after.

Thank you once again for your fantastic support and I wish to see you soon again at 51.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

From all over the world, their special staff make your dreams come true. As I am from Brazil, there was Yara, a lovely young lady that spoiled me so much I don´t want to go back home never more!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear BlancaBrasil,

Thank you so much for your lovely post, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate so much that you didn't want to go back home.

Having associates at the hotel from so many countries including our lovely and friendly Brazilian butler means that we can make you feel very comfortable by getting to know you better.

Sadly you had to return to Brazil but I sincerely hope you will return to London again and will stay with us.

Muito obrigado

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed in a Junior Suite, huge bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries, fabulous bed, 2 TVs, DVD with massive free rental library, wi-fi and in-room fax, lounge area and a fully equipped kitchen - even including washing machine. Free tea, coffee, water, newspapers. Everything was pristine. The Spa is very good, the Courtyard Bar is a great place for a late evening drink by the fountain (the food's good there too) and what I really liked was the separate entrance which meant guests don't have to tramp through reception to get in or out, so it was almost like staying in private apartments. Simply superb in every way and to my mind excellent value.

2 Thank anthony t
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear anthony t,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I am very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and delighted to learn that you very much enjoyed the amenities in your suite and your experience of many of the hotel facilities such as the Spa and the Courtyard.

Indeed having several entraces in to the hotel means you can have as much privacy as you desire, or you can join the rest of the guests in the main lobby and the Libary if you wish for the feeling of a buzzing hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write about us, we really appreciate it.