Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #6 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 October 2011

While the Taj is a rather old hotel it wears it age well with the best of services and facilities. The staff were great and made our stay all the better.

If you want a great hotel that is close to Buckinham Palace this is the place. Right in the heart of the city everything is an easy walk from here. And after a long day of seeing the sights you can come here and relax in elegance.

A must stay on your next visit. I know we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife and I were in London for a week of vacation, and just returned home a couple of days ago. We were unfamiliar with Taj Hotels and Resorts, but were sold on the overall value of the hotel and the reviews we found. We couldn't have been more pleased by our experience. Service was excellent and the personnel very helpful (Nelson and Alex proved to invaluable at the concierge desk) and polite. The room was very large for London, with a nice sitting area, large bathroom, and huge kitchen. It was well appointed and had everything one might need for a stay. Despite being in the middle of a large city, the design of the hotel makes it feel like a cozy escape from the hustle and bustle. It is quite convenient to most major attractions, and is close to a tube station (St. James's Park) and bus stops, and the staff can also arrange any other transportation you require. Quilon was the only hotel restaurant we tried, but it was so good we ate there twice despite the presence of so many other wonderful options in London. I HIGHLY recommend 51 Buckingham Gate and can say without reservation that we will be there on our next visit to London. I sincerely doubt there is a better value to be had in London. You could easily pay more to get less in London, but you would have to pay significantly more to get more than the 51 experience offers in London. Further, our experience has sold us on Taj Hotels and Resorts, and we will always look for their properties in our travels. A thank you to all who made our trip a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear NOLADL,

Thank you very, very much for your amazing review of 51 Buckingham Gate.

Your description of the hotel is just the way we feel about it too, cozy, quiet, hidden away with the most wonderful architecture, extremely large suites and best of all, right in the middle of the city just a couple of minutes from Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks.

I also wanted to thank you for your lovely words about the team and our concierge team, they are truly amazing and as you experienced, after a few interactions you know they will get everything just right for you.

Hopefully when you return to 51 you will see that The Quilon restaurant, which you enjoyed so much will have a great new look after its refurbishment due in January so something to look forward to.

I am also delighted to know that you have discovered the Taj Hotel, Resorts and Palaces whilst experiencing our London hotel and I am sure you will in for a treat if you choose to stay at any of our fabulous hotels in the future.

Thank you once again and I sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was beautiful, quiet and extremely comfortable. The staff were fantastic throughout our stay and attention to detail was wonderful. They were ever present and attentive but never obstrusive or overbearing. All our needs were catered for and we only wished our stay could have been longer. Location was excellent for many major London destinations being so very central. I think it would be hard to improve on this hotel. It made a special birthday (80!)very special indeed

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear CharlotteT,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such lovely review of 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and you thoroughly enjoyed your 80th birthday staying with us and since this is such a wonderful one I hope you continue celebrating it for a little bit longer......

I do hope that you and your family choose to return to us for many more celebrations and we will be delighted to assist you to create some unforgettable memories for the future.

With many, many thanks and warmest regards

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was in London for a few days. I go to London very often. I always try to stay in another hotel to try different experience. This was my worst experience. The staff was not very friendly. They were not even smiling at the front desk. I asked a few questions the answers were not helpful and good enough. This was my first and last time stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank Semsettin J

Dear SemsettinJ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am terribly dissapointed to know that your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate back in December last year was not to your satisfaction and specially dissapointed to see that you did not find on the team the warmth and caring attitude that we really pride ourselves on.

Since you are a regular traveller to London I would very much like for you to give us a second opportunity to show you our hospitality, I am sure you will find many changes at the hotel over the last 10 months and I will be delighted to personally meet you and to ensure that your every need is taken care of.

With warm regards and best wishes

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Service was second to none. All the staff were amazingly polite and helpful, always with a smile. Very pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a beautiful 1 bedroom suite. The amenities of the room were beyond expectation which made for a very memorable break.
I cannot remember the names of the staff but the front office staff and Manager were highly professional in the manner that we were treated. As the waiter for the complimentary drinks.
There are so many wonderful touches that I will not divulge as it will spoil the surprise for other guests.

All in all a most wonderful break that was worth every penny and only hope that it will not be too long before retuning

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sadax,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and also for posting such wonderful photos of your Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, it is lovely to know that you enjoyed your upgrade and you found the suite and amenities to your liking.

Your kind words towards the team are very much appreciated by all of us and I am delighted that you found them welcoming and their warm smiles made you enjoy your stay even more.

Please do come back when you next travel to London, it would be wonderful to see you return to 51 Buckingham Gate and maybe you will try our newest Signature suites as they are totally amazing.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were very impressed with every single experience we had at the hotel, from the moment we stepped into the gates of 51 Buckingham Gate. The welcome and courtesy was unparalleled. Special commendation goes to each and every staff who went out of the way to ensure we were looked after well, specially Thomas, Maria, Mohit, Nelson and Nabila. I apologize for not remembering the names of a few others who were also tremendous. The rooms were perfect; actually even better than anticipated. We found the property to be beautiful and very charming. The kitchen in the room was great; it had everything we needed, including tea and coffee and during the latter half of our stay of 9 night, a great Nespresso machine. Any request for assistance was promptly taken care of. The food at Quilon was wonderfu. Given our very positive experience, we have already recommended this property to several of our friends and family with glowing references. Keep up the good work and a big thank you to everyone for making our stay so special and memorable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeemaSI

Dear SeemaSI,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at 51 Buckingham Gate with such wonderful words for us. I am so happy to know that you were welcomed and care for in a way that delighted you, and specially for your mention of so many of my colleagues who were very happy to read about how their service assisted you to better enjoy your stay.

While reading your review I smiled about your reference to the arrival of the Nespresso machine to your suite, and I am sorry that we could only manage to offer it to you at the end of your stay (that was the day we introduce them) I am happy, as this is the latest amenity that we have added to all the suites at the hotel and I do hope this sleek coffee maker and the selection of coffee blends will be loved by many more guests in the future.

A big thank you for recomending us to your friends and family and I very much look forward to welcome them to 51 and to ensure they also have a fantastic time with us.

I do hope we will see you soon again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 October 2011

A very big thank you to all the staff at 51 for making our stay with you so wonderful. It is the genuine warmth and care shown by staff that make all the difference. Our apartment was truly delightful, huge by London standards, extremely comfortable with all the modern appliances and luxury bathroom goodies. We cannot recommend 51 highly enough, mainly for its staff, but its location to so many London attractions and stores. We will be returning and are more than happy to sing its praises to all our travelling friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate_Tascott

Dear Kate_Tascott,

Thank you ever so much for your fabulous review of 51 Buckingham Gate and thank you for choosing to stay with us this September.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the size of your suite and its amenities, we truly wish to make each guest stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one and special thanks for your lovely comments for my colleagues who will do anything in their hands for you to have a memorable stay.

I am really happy to know that you will recommend us to your friends and via your review to other Tripadvisor members and I sincerely look forward to seeing you back at 51 very soon.

Best wishes and warm regards