Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
US$256
US$216
  • Pool
1,706 results
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenwasher dryerquilon restaurantjames parkconcierge teamhome away from homest jamesevery eveningroom servicenespresso machineturn down servicewonderful hotelwonderful stayvictoria stationbig bengreen park
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I spent almost a week at this hotel/luxury residence, it is absolutely fantastic facility where you can combine work with rest.
I was upgraded to 2 Bedroom suite which was so comfy, with all the facilities you can imagine, from the best coffee machine, to luxury glasses, amazing toiletries and nightly treat on the turn-down service which were unique and made me smile.
All the services was above and beyond with their attitude.
The jump for you with a hot towel was you enter the hotel offering drink and canapes.
They ask you how are you and they really mean it.
The services and facility is by far the best i have stayed in London.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear YonitG,

Thank you very much for your recent review of 51Buckingham Gate and for the fabulous way you described the hotel and the services you received.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your two bedroom suite and found it comfortable and to your liking and I am even happier knowing that you felt welcomed from the moment you stepped into the hotel and for the duration of your stay.

Sometimes it is little things like knowing that a thoughful turn down amenity made you smile that makes our job so enjoyable and such pleasure to serve you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and I very much look forward to see you again at 51 Buckingham Gate.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We just returned from a four night stay at 51 Buckingham Gate. I can not say enough about the service. Everyone from check-in, to Alex and the conceierge staff, to the food service folks were great. The General Manager, Mr. Prabhat Verma, even made a point to introduce himself. They were able to get our suite ready very early as our flight arrived at 8:30 and we reached the hotel before 10:30. Our suite was excellent, with more room than many apartments. Everything was spotless. The location is also excellent and located within walking distance of many attractions. We had dinner one evening at the Bank Restaurant within the complex and found it to be very good. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and will return next time I am in London.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DCB402
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear DCB402,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival to ensure you started your holiday in a very relaxed way and also very happy to know you enjoyed the service you received from the reception and concierge team.

Mr Verma and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I spent 3 nights at the 51 Buckingham Gate with my partner, and can’t fault the experience in any way. The hotel location is superb – 5 minutes walk to Buckingham Palace, but set back slightly from the main road down a private “drive”. This meant that (a) you could pull the car/taxi up to the front door for unloading and leave it there without any problem, and (b) the hotel is beautifully quiet at all times – no traffic noise! A little tip for parking – try parkatmyhouse.com. We found a friendly, local guy who rents out his parking spot in a private, secure underground park for £12.50 per day, 10 minutes easy walk from the hotel. A bargain, and much safer than the multi-storey.
All aspects of the reservation procedure were superb – although I communicated by email, I had prompt, friendly replies, and confirmation of all aspects. I had said that the purpose of the stay was to celebrate a significant birthday, and we were upgraded to a junior suite on arrival – living room with fully-fitted kitchenette (which we hardly used), a good size bedroom and a HUGE bathroom. The room was fantastic, and couldn’t be faulted. Molton Brown toiletries throughout, and fruit, tea, coffee, etc in the kitchenette.
The staff are absolutely first class – friendly, smiling, helpful at all times. Although everyone was great, a special mention has to be made of the staff serving breakfast in the library – the friendliest bunch of people imaginable. Nothing was too much trouble, and everything was accompanied by a smile and “you’re welcome!”. To be honest – the whole staff couldn’t have been nicer.
One very nice feature of the hotel – and one which we took full advantage of! – is free cocktails and canapés in the Library between 18.30 and 20.30. And we’re not talking dubious alcohol that you’ve never heard of before – a range of wines, champagne and “branded” spirits, all served for free and in the nicest surroundings. This is a really nice feature, and one you should take advantage of. It’s a very nice way to start your evening of entertainment in London.
If I was trying my best to find fault, I really couldn’t. Beautiful hotel with fantastic rooms, brilliant location, the friendliest, most helpful staff imaginable – worth every penny (and not that expensive compared with other 5 star hotels). Make every effort to stay here – you won’t be sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - you don't get if you don't ask!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Einon_E_Mouse

Dear Einon-E-Mouse,

Thank you ever so much for the amazing account of your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and for being so gracious to share it with other Tripadvisor members.

It is so lovely to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that you found our associates friendly and helpful. Every member of the team aspires to delight you and to know that they contributed to make your special birthday a happy one is all we can ask for.

I very much hope to see you back at 51 very soon again and be sure that the Library team will have your favourite refreshments ready for you.

Best wishes

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Atypical hotel in the heart of London, 5mn walk from Victoria Station once you know your way. The hotel is several brick buildings away from the mainstreet and sharing a private court. A pity that cars can enter this court, which otherwise would be quite pleasant in nice weather.
Staff was very kind and made everything possible to help. I had to wait a bit for the suite to be ready, and they kept offering drinks or coffee to compensate for the inconvenience.
I was updated to a 2 bedroom + dining room suite. A lot of space, but not the furniture to match. 3TVs, but no convenient working desk. Otherwise all amenities were there. And a full kitchen to entertain guests, and a Nespresso coffee maker for coffee lovers.
Small bathroom, with older type equipment. In fact had no hot water one morning, which was rapidly repaired.
But this hotel has a lot of British charm, and would be perfect for a family stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Skuatakin,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy to read that you found the hotel to be of a different kind, indeed 51 Buckingham Gate is a rather special place ,with different style of suites within 3 townhouses with its beautiful courtyard, each to offer you different kind of experiences depending on what degree of privacy you wish for or whether you are working or on holiday as a couple or as a family. It seems that in this occassion we did not manage to recognise all your needs when prepearing your suite and I am sorry for that.

Please be sure that on your next stay we will ensure that you stay in one of our Junior Suites or Deluxe One Bedroom Suites as they are more modern in design (versus the clasic Superior Suites) and are better eqquiped for your business needs.

I totally understand your comment on cars and taxis entering through the beautiful courtyard but I can assure you that this offers convenience and privacy and it is appreciated by the majority of the guests.

I very much look forward to your next stay and to ensure that we can find the right suite for you.

Thank you so much for choosing to say with us.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Chose this hotel because of position, price and reviews. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The rooms were beautiful and because of the position of the hotel - very quiet which helped for a good nights sleep. Lots of little extra touches which were very thoughtful. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We ate in Quilon - the indian restaurant which is part of the hotel, but we preferred Bistro 51 which was very relaxed and lovely food and staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple