“Great Experience”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #9 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Great service went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable! helped with a car rental restuarants late check out so we could see the changing of the guard! Everything went seamlessly the cocktails and appetizers from 6-8 was a real treat after a long day of site seeing!

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite lots of room very enjoyable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1LoveItaly
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear ILoveItaly,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for the descritption of your stay.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your suite and also to know that we were able to provide you with the flexibility you neede to make the best out of your time in London.

I sincerely hope you will return to 51 Buckingham Gate and to make sure that from a great experience your next stay with us is your greatest experience.

With many thanks and warm regards

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I am currently traveling from Australia visiting London for a few days with my sister and 2 young daughters. From the moment we arrived (today- I am that impressed!) we were treated like royalty- I have had the privilege in staying at many 5 star hotels around the world with my kids and can attest not one hotel has greeted my children and I with such warmth and genuine hospitality - usually, no matter how much we pay- having young children gets u dirty looks at nice hotels.
The service has been the best I've ever encountered, we were upgraded on arrival, we had popcorn and movies brought to our room for the kids, room service food was some of the best food I've ever had in any fine restaurant, our dining table was formally set for us.
Also- my daughter had complained of a sore ear on Saturday and we were unable to see a doctor over the weekend in the small village we were staying at- so I emailed the concierge a day before our arrival to ask directions to the closest doctor surgery- they arranged a doctor to visit our hotel room within 2 hours of checking in, needless to say he was one of the most nicest doctors I have ever met, sure enough she had a ear infection, but hotel staff sorted that out too and within an hour after doctor had left the script was brought to us in our room!
I have always been a ritz devotee - but I can safely say that thus far, bucking ham gate 51 has been the best hotel I have ever visited and I will recommend it to all I know!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Charlie C

Dear CharlieC

Thank you very much for your amazing review and most of all for reviewing us on the first day of your stay. I am truly delighted to know that from the moment you arrived you felt looked after.

It was a great pleasure to have you, your sister and the girls staying with us and really happy that our doctor also influenced your experience of the services we offered you.

We love to have families staying with us and the large suites such as the one you enjoyed are just perfect to have a most comfortable stay and whenever you travel to a Taj Hotel be sure you young family will receive a wonderful welcome.

I thank you once again for your wonderful review and I very much hope to see you back at 51 Buckingham Gate very soon again.

Warmest regards and best wishes

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I absolutely loved our stay at This hotel. It's linked with the Crowne Plaza, so the concept is very much like the Waldorf Towers attached to the Waldorf Astoria in NYC.

The service was amazing. We emailed several times before arriving with concierge who set everything up so we could maximize our two nights in London. Alex and Nelson were awesome! They arranged a tour, babysitting, restaurant reservations, and special amenities for our kids.

The front desk manager and porter were so welcoming when we arrived. We had a beautiful fruit basket amenity and fresh flowers in our suite. Kids had their own slippers and robes.

The apartment was top of the line. It had an entry, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living and dining and kitchen. Clean, fresh, marble bathrooms, top appliances, Molton Brown amenities, papers of our choice every morning. Breakfast was included (even via room service!). So much better than just getting adjoining rooms at a hotel and the same price!

It was so nice to come from a very long travel from Texas to such a nice home away from home.

Another point is location. A block away from Buckingham palace, nearby is Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Thames. The porter will get you a taxi anytime you want. I also recommend the airport transportation service, clean, efficient, and reasonably priced.

Thank you Taj for an experience that was well worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear HaveKidsLuvTravel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such wonderful review and I am truly happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I am specially delighted to read that your great experience started even before you arrived at 51 Buckingham Gate and that the concierge team made all your arrangements in advance to freed your time to enjoy the city and that the serviced continued all the way through the time of your departure.

Booking a two bedroom suite whether in the Falconers or Minsters Townhouses is truly a great choice, why booking two hotel rooms and miss on a living room where you can all sit together as you would do at home?... most of our guests with families tell us that sometimes even arranging bedrooms that interconect can be difficult in 5 star hotels, so booking a two bedroom suite is great value for your money specially when booking our special programs for short or longer stays.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to see you and your family soon again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at the Taj Suites for the first time this summer, in the Falconers 2-bed suite. We were 100% delighted with the room, the service, the dining, and the overall value. The suite was spacious, modern and clean. The staff was always extremely helpful and very friendly - they made you feel like you were the most important guest at all times. The location was conveniently located close to the St. James tube station (and a couple of local pubs between the hotel and the station).

Take advantage of the Bed & Breakfast package - the morning in-room dining was a highlight and the evening drinks and appertifs were a nice way to cap off a day of walking.

The only complaint we had was the noise from a local construction site. Because the hotel is old the windows are not well sound-proofed so we woke up to the sound of jackhammers most mornings (which I suppose was our just punishment for sleeping in until 9:00).

We will definitely make this our home base for future London excursions. Many thank yous to the staff for making this a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Bed & Breakfast package, eat in the Taj hotel restaurant or in-room (the T...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear ChrisRMK,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your stay in your Falconers Two Bedroom Suite and that you liked the suite and found it great value for money. Our Falconers suites are a great choice for a family as they are mainly two bedrooms suites, with two bathrooms and a large living room and kitchen, the facilities in the suite make them an ideal home from home choice as you can enjoy the space to be all together during the days yet have the privacy of your bedrooms and bathrooms.

The team are commited to assist you in every way the can and there will always be one of us at hand to ensure all your questions are answered and your needs taken care of.

I am sorry if the noise from the buiding work nearby disturbed you in the morning, unfortunately this is something we have very little control over as the times of operations are regulated by the local authorities. Even though the noise can be a bit of a nuisance it is a necessary devil as this means that the area around Victoria is getting a fantastic lift and all those old cement government buidings are being transformed into elegant glass apartment blocks with great offices and shopping facilities ugrading our surrunding area. From our side we are slowly adding scondary glazing to all the suites in the Falconers Twonhouse and we expect to finalise the project by March 2013 as we continue our own hotel improvements.

I thank you once again for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 September 2012

From the minute you enter the private courtyard, you know you are somewhere quite special. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. When traveling, we like to have a suite, as our 10 year old daughter goes to sleep early, and we like to have a space to relax in until we turn in. The suites here have no comparison. We were upgraded (thank you, 51 Buckingham Gate!) to a Minister's Suite. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in. The living room was beautifully furnished and extremely inviting. The full service kitchen, along with washer/dryer could have been taken from a kitchen showroom. The bedroom was quite large, with closets that lit up when the doors were opened. The double sink bathroom, with Molton Brown products made my daughter swoon. There was also a robe and slippers waiting for her!

The location was ideal. At first, I thought it would be a little secluded, because it was near many government buildings. When we got there, I found otherwise. The Palace is right down the street, Big Ben and Westminister Abbey are a few blocks the other way. There are two Tube stops right nearby and two corner stores within a block. There is even a little shopping plaza, with restaurants and a Marks & Spencer two blocks away.

What make this hotel so special is the service. As previous reviewers have noted, the service is unparalleled! What ever you want, whenever you want. Whether it is directions, changing or making a reservation or the name recognition within a few minutes of checking in, it all adds up to being catered to, without being fauned over. They brought up a tray of desserts in honor of my birthday, provided a full list of DVDs, which could be ordered, along with popcorn and drinks!! Each night in the Library, cocktails and hors d'oevres were served. The Library also doubles as the breakfast room. As we had breakfast included, it was a true bonus; from a lovely cold buffet, to a full English Breakfast, you had your choice. Everything was wonderful.

The hotel is not inexpensive, but compared to other fine London Hotels, it is well worth it. From the suites to the location and inpecable service, you will not find this in any other hotel in London, or for that matter, most cities in the world!

Our daughter had a tear in her eye when we had to say goodbye, and so did we!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MBKtraveler

Dear MBKtraveller,

Thank you ever so much for your fantastic review and for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor, I am truly touched by your comments and delighted to know that you and your family had a worderful stay at 51 Buckingham Gate.

Our Minsters townhouse suites are our very best and having been recently refurbished they have been designed with lovely fabrics, soothing colours and extremely comfortable furniture.
This is the townhouse that we are the most proud of as it also hosts our exclusive Jaguar Suite, Presidential Suite and other luxury suites such as the one where you stayed.

Those little extras like remembering your special day or looking after the young ones with special amenities are the things that we love to do as our aim is none other than making sure you have an unforgetable stay.

I sincerely hope that you will return to 51 Buckingham Gate and I very much look forward to welcome you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Very nice hotel :the living room included a sofa, a desk, flat screen TV, and plenty of reading materials. The bathroom was delightfully spacious with a separate shower, and for those who love to relax. Higly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear david B,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to know that you found your suite comfortable and relaxing and enjoyed the reading materials prepared for our guests.

I would also like to thank you for your mention of the Spa at 51 which with its Ann Semonin and Osmion products offers a superb range of treatments for both ladies and gentelmen. All treatments are specially tailored for each guests needs a wonderful way to either relax or energise. We recomend to book spa treatments in advace as our spa can get rather busy at weekends and after business hours.

I thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to 51 Buckingham Gate soon again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I rate this hotel as one of the top class hotel. Kitchen is oversize and you will love it. Its a very quite place. Room facilities are standard as you expect from a top class hotel group. I can't remember the room number. Sitting inside the suite is excellent. Price wise facilities are good. Overwhelming security system bothered me. Staffs are well behaved.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JebelazZeitun

Dear JebelazZeitun,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience with other Tripadvisor members and for your very kind words on the hotel facilities and the value for money you received.

I would also like to apologise if you felt security was high during your stay. We take very seriously the security of our guests and our staff; our approach to privacy, security and tranquility are some of the attributes most sought after by many of our guests who are at times big celebrities and Heads of State with their entourages.
I do hope this was a minor irritant for you and did not spoil your enjoyment of the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcome you back to 51 Buckingham Gate.

Warmest regards