“Wonderful three day weekend retreat”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #6 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this luxurious hotel for three nights from October 5th - October 8th. We were extremely pleased with our very comfortable and attractive one-bedroom suite, an upgrade, outfitted with every amenity from espresso maker to washer/dryer. The hotel is very well located and the staff were most friendly and attentive to our every need. Breakfasts were excellent and sumptuous, We would certainly not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and look forward to staying there again when we are in London.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Firstly I must thank Mohit Verma for his exceptional customer services after the travel agent booked us into the wrong hotel. We were made to feel extremely welcome by every member of staff we encountered. Our suite was comfortable with every amenity we required but the decor was a little tired especially the bathroom . We did have a wonderful stay and will return (hopefully) in the very near future .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Scarinrahn,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing to stay at 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted to know that our Duty Manager managed to make all the necessary arrangements for you to be comfortable after what seems to have been a difficult time, I am also very happy to know that his kind ways were also followed by the rest of the team.

With regards to your comments on your suite I am sorry if you were not totally satisfied with it, we are in the process of renovating all our suites in several phases and this winter we will be renovating an additional 17 suites in our Falconers Townhouse, which will mean we will have two complete townhouses with the third being renovated in 2014 so I hope that on your next stay you will find a much improved product to keep up with the rest of the services you received.

I very much look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel for four nights from the 26th - 30th of September with my husband and small son who accompanied on my business trip.
Thanks very much to Janine in reservations who fixed 'my booking' error! She found away to meet my needs before we even entered the hotel! We were then further upgraded to a Ministers 1 bedroom suite, which was outstanding. It was exceptionally fitted with possible convenience, from an expresso machine, washer / dryer down to salt and pepper. Thank you again for the upgrade, it made my business trip with my family uniquely comfortable and I left the hotel every day knowing that my husband and son were comfortable and extremely well taken care of.
The restaurants and room service were excellent value for money and also for their attention to details and presentation.
Some recognition: Nelson your concierge is a consummate professional with that extra touch of class - his seemly unimportant advice to my husband about not taking his house key to the football match is just a tiny example. Gagan thank you for the most efficient and painless check - parents with small children really appreciate these seemly small things.
Overall, my husband and I are extremely picky guests and we can truly say that 51 Buckingham gate will be our destination of choice whenever we visit London. Fantastic staff, superbly appointed suites, perfect location.
Thank you again!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingrid L

Dear IngridL,

Thank you very much for your amazing review and for sharing your experience with the world of Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and that you felt taken care of from our every member of the team even before you arrived.

I am also delighted that you highlighted many of my colleagues that with their advise and know how made you and your family stay a very relaxed time in London.

Thank you once again and we all very much look forward to have you among us at 51 Buckingham Gate soon again.

Best wishes and warm regards

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just returned from our visit to London, traveling with our three young daughters. Our stay at 51 Buckingham Gate was delightful. It is a perfectly located property with all the amentities of a luxury hotel (and then some) and the conveniences and comforts of a fully equipped apartment. We stayed in a lovely "Kings" three bedroom suite, with more than enough space for the five of us and generously sized common spaces including a huge kitchen (with laundry) and living room. From even before we arrived, the staff was incredible, especially the hotel's concierge staff who helped to arrange tickets and dinner reservations in advance, and were of enormous help during our stay. Really fabulous -- we will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear AmyEliz3,

Thank you very, very much for your fabulous review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and that you found in your Kings Three Bedrooms suite the perfect space for all five of you.
All our suites are indeed prepared with the most important amenities to make you feel like at home plus a team who genuinly wishes to please you in every way they can.
Thank you for your comments for the Concierge team, they are an absolute pleasure to work with.

We all very much look forward to welcome you back

Best wishes and warm regards

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Do you want the big picture? It is a superb hotel.

I've just returned from a London trip with my husband and 2 daughters (8 and 13). We've spent 8 nights at a Falconers 2 bedroom suite. The suite itself was incredibly huge (70 square meters), with 2 complete bathrooms, living room, dinning area and a full kitchen.

A gentle butler (Mr. Perrera) showed us to our room and not only taught us how to use the room devices, but also told us about the city and instructed us how to go around.

The first nice touch was to discover that our refrigerator was supplied with milk, butter, eggs, juice, ... There was also a plate of fruits and a box of supplies from Whole Food, including fresh bread, cookies, chocolate, tea, coffee, cereal, olive oil, etc. I felt at home (better than home because I didn't have to do the dishes).

The staff is not only helpful, but they go a long way to make you feel comfortable. There was a little accident with a glass cup while the waiter was removing the dishes after we had dinner in the room. It was 11pm and the kids were tired. I was bothered because I thought it would take a long time to clean the room. What should have been a problem, turned into a good example of impressive work: the waiter apologized, left the room and in less than 2 minutes brought a cleaning person to remove the fragments. After other 2 minutes a vacuum cleaner was used to remove any traces of glass. And like magic the room was cleaned in less than 10 minutes. The manager in duty called us almost immediately after the cleaning team left to apologize and ask if everything was ok. Instead of being annoyed I went to bed telling my husband how nicely the situation was handled.

The whole experience was unforgettable and the kids were asking to come back the minute we entered the taxi to Heathrow. Wait for us next year!

Some small details that make the difference (I am not going to talk about the staff again because they are in no way small...)

1) My first email to confirm the reservation made through Expedia was answered promptly.
2) Asked the reception desk to print my boarding passes and they were sent to my room in less than 5 minutes.
3) The Molton Brown toiletry amenities.
4) The Nespresso machine with capsules replaced daily.
5) Free newspaper every morning.
6) Delicious chocolates every night.
7) Fast and free Internet.
8) Complimentary bottled water replaced daily (very nice indeed - I feel so stupid paying US$4 for a bottle of water just because I forgot to buy some at the nearest deli).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ClaudiaLima

Dear ClaudiaLima,

Thank you very much for the wondeful account of your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and for choosing to stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you felt pampered and looked after and that every member of the team from reservations to butlers to the serivice colleagues and housekeeping dealt with any issues with speed and attention to detail.

I am also very happy to know that you enjoyed your welcome grocery pack which is our way to assist you to settle down when you are staying with us for a longer stay and when you may appreciate some little things in stock before you adventure into the big city.

Thank you once again for your review and please do come back soon again, we all look forward to welcome you and your family son gain.

Warm regards

Reviewed 10 October 2012

It was our first time in London, Great hotel and generous space of the suite . Excellent services at the concierge and all the staffs there. Pricey but great location to the tube station and Buckingham Palace ,and many attractions were walking distance. Hampton restaurant food was good and reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank klay034

Dear Klay034,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of 51 Buckingham Gate and thank you for choosing our hotel for your first visit to London.

I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your stay, the hotel's food offerings at the Hampton's bar and the services of the concierge and team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed again, now for the 4th time, and our 10 days has been as good if not better than before. Congratulations to Prabhat Verma, Gagan, Mohit, Erol, Sergio, Alex......and so many others at the Hotel and Quilon for keeping up the standard and making our stay comfortable. 51BG provides a certain comfort like an old shoe, where you slip in to a lap of understated luxury and comfort. To me breakfast at the Library still remains the highlight of the day. Fully deserving of the no 5 rating.
The newly furbished suites are great. Ask for the Ministers Wing.

2  Thank Dsareen