“A terrific experience”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #9 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 February 2014

First, I have to say that I didn't really know anybody's first name in this hotel. I'm not very good at identifying the people that work in any hotel. It is really my problem and not their problem and I should be better at it. But in this hotel it doesn't make a bit of difference. Everybody is spectacular at their job. You can ask anybody any question and they will do whatever it takes to make your stay more pleasant. I doubt that I have ever stayed in a hotel where there has been such a high level of service. I travel for business and for fun also. A LOT! I have stayed in hundreds and hundreds of hotels. In this hotel if you want to know where something is? They don't just explain it to you. They walk you to your destination. There is nothing too small or too large. The rooms are fantastic, the food is great, the entire property is immaculate. Do yourself a huge favor and stay here at some point in your life. If you don't love it also, I would be the most surprised guy on the planet. Really!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bobjusacoils
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. Your comments that my team are spectacular at their jobs and our level of service is the best you have received was extremely pleasing to read, I have passed you comments on to my team.

It was also great to read, you thought our suites were fantastic and the food was good.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Digvijay Singh - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I really cant praise this hotel enough. Right from the word go, it was so pleasant. I was there for 9 days & there was an initial misunderstanding and confusion with regard to the hotel pick up - no problem was sorted in a jiffy & was adjusted as complimentary. We had booked a Kings 1 bedroom suite, but were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was a nice warm cosy room, with a nice kitchen - ideal for a family with 2 small kids. The location was perfect - smack beside Buckingham Palace - a few minutes drive to the West End & Knightsbridge for you to shop till you drop. The quality that sticks out most from this hotel is the level of service - there was no task too small for the staff, extremely eager to ensure the stay was made as comfortable as possible & most importantly, service was always with a smile on the face. I have to make a special mention of Sergio, the head butler who would always make it a point to play with my 1 year old son as soon as he saw him in the lobby. There was a welcome Hamleys bumper pack for my kids waiting on our arrival in the room. The concierges were ready to organise anything at the drop of a hat. Jack, who seemed to know everything there was about anything 'techie' ! There are a few names that I am forgetting & THAT is very wrong of me, as these guys were brilliant. The front staff, the reception, housekeeping - there really is not a single area that I could point a finger & say - that was not right. I was there for nearly 9 days & even after such a relatively long stay, it was a sad feeling to leave the place. In the hospitality sector, its the people that make the place - & in this respect, I feel 51 Buckingham Gate has outdone & outshone itself. I travel very frequently & tend to stay in a lot of luxury hotels - I have to confess, 51 Buckingham Gate is where I experienced true warm hospitality. Cannot recommend the place enough.

1  Thank Battraveller2014

I was overjoyed to read your review on your recent stay at 'Taj' 51 Buckingham Gate. As you mentioned you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel and location, but the most important aspect is the service, which I was delighted to read exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to my great team.

With regards to the pick-up again please forgive us for the mis-understanding it was an isolated incident but pleased we were able to rectify it quickly and efficiently.

The Hamley's pack really does go down well with the children so I am delighted your children enjoyed it.

We hope your travel brings you back to London so we can welcome you again the 'Taj' way.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I spent there just a few days during my business trip to UK but I loved it. Rooms are big and clean, food tasty. Prices for London are ok. The stuff who work there is very freindly... Who needs more for perfect stay?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to wrtie a review on your recent stay at 'Taj' 51 Buckingham Gate. I was really happy that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Taj. I was also delighted you enjoyed the most important aspect, our service which met with your expectactions. I have passed your comments on to my team.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This place is amazing, we had a three bedroom suite that was huge, beautiful and fantastically equipped and did not want to leave. Ever. It had everything you could possibly think of, added to that the food was amazing, the service beyond expectations and the location fantastic. They could not do enough for us and our 4 year old was keen to drag at least one of the receptionists home with us as he was made such a fuss of. Already looking for when we can go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LL14

I was delighted to read you not only enjoyed our location but our service and food too. I have passed your comments on to my team.

It was very pleasing to read you found our suites had all the home comforts plus more to make your stay completely hassle free.

We have just launched our new kids@Taj programme which is specially designed for children to enusre they also feel they are extra special when coming to 'Taj' 51 Buckingham Gate.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed in a condo with our teens. The unit was lovely and comfortable! Top shelf amenities by Moulton Brown, and the most wonderful staff I have ever encountered. From extra pillows and a quick course in European washing machine usage to recommendations and reservations to fabulous places, we were so pleased. There is a lovely library offering complimentary cocktails and nibbles - a welcome respite from the kids for a bit. They offer an extensive collection of dvr's accompanied by popcorn and sodas. It was a perfect stay - I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are bad rooms. The neighborhood is very quiet, but close to many things.
1  Thank JeanO587
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful comments, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that my team looked after you.

Maybe on your next visit you can try out something special from our Bath Menu which I am sure you will be amazed with.

Our aim is to make it feel home from homes so with the added touch of popcorn and sodas it makes watching DVD's special.

I look forward to welcoming you all back.

With Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second time at this wonderful hotel which is beautifully located, central and near many attractions in the area. Picadilly circus is just about a 15 minute walk away and the walk takes you through the beautiful and serene green park. The rooms are huge and clean. By far the most important part of this hotel is the staff. We truly cannot say enough about how great the staff was. They were attentive, responsive and very knowledgeable about how to get the best out of our stay in london. Jon in particular was so helpful and his recommendations about the "hidden gems" of London made a lot of difference to our trip. I would highly recommend this hotel and would most certainly be back again..and again..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yashua H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at 'Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and my team delighted you with their knowledge and serivce. Jon's hidden gems are very special and steeped in History, something a bit different!

I look forward to personally meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently returned from a 2 week stay at this fantastic residence. We are a family of four with children ages 8 and 10 and the two room suite was the perfect set up for us. Spacious and thoughtfully appointed the rooms were a pleasure to be in but what really sets 51 Buckingham gate apart is the service - over our two weeks it just got better and better. From our friend that made sure breakfast was perfect every day to Alex and the concierge team who ensured we had the perfect outings and meals, even the room cleaners and turn down ladies - the service was truly outstanding. Thank you everyone for a fabulous time in London - 51 Buckingham Gate really deserves it's great reputation.

1  Thank Kate G

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay at 'Taj' 51 Buckingham Gate. I am pleased that you not only had the perfect stay but the service was perfect too.

We have just launched our Kids@Taj programme for children 1 - 12 years old which also includes a special amenity for children.

Once again thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back