“What a lovely experience - great hotel, and the best staff and service ive ever experienced”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #6 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this trip as a Christmas present for My Sister, Mother and Nan. Everyone was completely catered for. The service from the second we arrived at the hotel was the best ive ever experienced. The room was beautiful, and nothing was too much trouble, my only regret was not staying longer! Ive stayed at multiple hotels in London, and this was by far the best. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks to all the staff for making it extra special - we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: thw two bed two bath suite was perfect for families!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. It is so pleasing to receive such wonderful comments, I will pass these on to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and maybe you can stay a bit longer.

Digvijay Singh - General Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Short break in London with family, stayed in a fabulous 2 bedroom suite which was just amazing. The best thing about the hotel was the absolutely perfect service. I have travelled far and wide and never had service like it. Lots of lovely little gestures, which just makes it even more special. Will definitely stay again for next trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

It is always pleasing to read positive comments on the service provided by my great team as this is where we believe Taj 51 Buckingham Gates excels and make us stand out from the rest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Regards

Digvijay Singh - General Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The service at this hotel is excellent! Phenomenal staff and concierge. They care to your every need. There a few staff I would recomend at this hotel two are servers at the lounge Szilard and klaudia tey are the most amazing people you will ever meet! They are so interested in getting to know you and are so helpful in giving advice on what to do in London. Also they are my friends now because of this trips experience. Another staff is Andre, he is a butler and is amazing at connecting with guests he gives the warm welcoming feel to the hotel along with another staff member named Benson they make a dynamic duo of guest assistance. I absolutely low this place it makes me feel at home I am for sure going back soon!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JonathanTemple
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was thrilled my team took care of your every need during your stay with us and delighted to read you will be coming back soon.

I look forward to welcoming back soon

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just down the road from Buckingham Palace, this hotel treated us like royalty from the moment we walked in. We were greeted by an extremely pleasant receptionist who told us, "we've been expecting you!" To our surprise, we were able to check into the room in the morning after a red eye flight from Houston, Texas. We had an enormous one-bedroom suite that was very quiet and comfortable. A nice fruit basket and bottles of water were waiting for us in the kitchen. The concierges were very helpful to us, and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed. We enjoyed complimentary snacks and drinks in the Library several evenings. My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at this hotel and will not hesitate to return the next time we're in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chris J
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your amazing review of your recent stay with us at The Taj 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted that my great team looked after all your needs and you enjoyed the amenities in your suite.

I look forward to personally meeting you when you are next visiting London.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in June, 2013. Our taxi driver had a difficult time finding the property, and eventually dropped us off on the street and said "Walk over there". The lobby is a bit of a walk from the street itself, and we were pleased when we entered our 2 BR unit. The small kitchen is fabulous, and the washer/dryer unit priceless. Beds were comfortable. Probably could have used directions for the washer/dryer as we weren't familiar with how to use it, but that is forgivable. It is a bit of a walk to the theater district and to restaurants, but well placed in general. The hot chocolate carafe on our final day was a nice surprise. Employees work hard to please.

To be brutally honest, would I stay here again? Not for our family. Kind of felt like the only Americans in the place, and it was too far from the life of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hockeymomStPaul_Mn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, although I was disappointed to read that Taj 51 Buckingham Gate seemed not to be the hotel for you and your family I was pleased to read that you did enjoy your 2 bedroom suite with all our facilities

Thank you again for sharing this with us.

Araceli Rius- Perez - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travelled with 2 sons last August and have very special memories of our time at 51 Buckingham Gate. Prior to arriving, the brilliant concierge team began working with me; arranging theatre tickets, restaurant reservations and suggested activities that we would all enjoy. I can't thank them enough for continuing to be so helpful and kind throughout our stay. All the staff at this beautiful and perfectly situated hotel were wonderful. We were upgraded to a gorgeous 2 bedroom suite. My boys didn't want to leave! Beginning each day in The Library for a delicious breakfast was a perfect way to begin the day. The staff would remember what we all liked the next day. We hope to return very soon and make 51 Buckingham Gate our "home" once again. Thank you for an outstanding visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your amazing review of your stay with us. I was absolutely delighted to read your comments and will share these with my team.

We pride ourselves on our Taj Hospitality and it is very pleasing when our guests have such great memories of their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming home again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great place to stay in a great location.
Staff were fantastic and helped us with theatre and restaurant bookings as well as making some excellent recommendations, including Quilon which is just next door..
We were also automatically upgraded which was fab. The rooms are great with a fully equipped kitchen.
Also mini Masala Dosa's on the room service menu!!!
The SPA was superb or so my wife tells me ;-)
Tip: Check laterooms for some bargains on this one...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words, which I look forward to sharing with all the team.

I hope to be able to welcoming you back soon.