“It was one of my best holidays ever.”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #4 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“It was one of my best holidays ever.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I really had a great time with my family. We stayed there 5 nights, we were 2 siblings, both boys one 14 years old and the other one 20 years old, and their parents. Service was great, they were paying attention at all your needs. Every member of the staff had to be recognised. Talking about the location, it was near everywhere! You could go to Buckingham Palace or to the Big Ben in just 5 minutes walking. We really liked it, and we recommend it at all costs.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alvaro H
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I was delighted to read your comments on your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was pleased to read my team provided you with our great Taj Service and anticipated your needs.

I hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you all back in the near future.

Digvijay Singh - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Norway
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Recently stayed here for three nights together with my husband and kids. I was so impressed by the hotel that I forgot to take proper photoes to share on Tripadvisor. But let me assure you, the pictures on 51 BG's website don't do justice to how nice, spacious and stylish these apartments are. This was my best family stay ever!

We had a two bedroom apartment and the lay out was like this:
Upon entering a long hallway you'll first meet the parents' bedroom. There is a comfy double bed and plenty of storage. From the bedroom you'll enter your own private bathroom where there is a bath tub (with shower), a toilet and a bidet. Plus large fluffy towels, products from Molton Brown and two bathrobes.
Going out the hallway again the next room will be the children's room with two seperate beds. In both the bedrooms there are a tv and plenty of storage.
Going out into the hallway yet again, you'll find the living room at the end of the hallway. Here there is a desk, a lounge area with two sofas, a writing desk and also an esemble of four chairs and a table where you can enjoy the vast amount of dishes they offer through room service.
There is also a kitchen and they do your dishes twice a day. There was nothing that I felt was lacking in the kitchen. They had a Nespresso machine and a tea kettle plus any kind of amenities you could dream of. There is also another bathroom where you'll find a separate shower and wc.

That was the layout, but even more important in this hotel is the superb service we encountered from everyone during our stay. When checking in, the kids received their own "Kids at Taj" package" and were greeted with cookies and milk at turn down.

The breakfast was very nice indeed and they met every request we might have had. If they spotted that my youngest son preffered one special thing in the bread basket, they found some more and put them on his plate.They remembered what kind of food and drinks you preferred, and provided everything I urged for. They are now working to enlarge the rooms where breakfast is served, and that will be a good thing since on two out of three occasions there were not any tables avaiable when we went for breakfast.

There is also a happy hour in The Library every night, but we only tried it on one occasion. We brought the kids and their toys wirh us to the Library and were only met with kind comments and smiles when we ordered sparkling wine and cold milk. Very family friendly indeed.

We will be back on later stays in London as this proved to be very family friendly and we are thankful for the grat service we were met with during our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenta
Thank you for a very touching and much appreciated review of your experience at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the facilities in your suite and the children enjoyed our Kids@Taj.

I will pass on your comments to my team.

We hope to see you all again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

For a quiet high quality retreat near the palace, thus Piccadilly and the theatres, this was a good call. Not cheap but suite and extras good value. Service second to none. Small problem with lift maintenance and bedroom decor needs to be more soulful otherwise first class. Will definitely repeat.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on Tripdadvisor. First please allow me to apologise for the issues we had with the lift during your stay, I am please to tell you these issues have now been rectified, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may of caused.

I was delighted tor ead that you enjoyed your suite and the service my team provided you.

I look forwrd to meeing you on your next visit.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this trip as a Christmas present for My Sister, Mother and Nan. Everyone was completely catered for. The service from the second we arrived at the hotel was the best ive ever experienced. The room was beautiful, and nothing was too much trouble, my only regret was not staying longer! Ive stayed at multiple hotels in London, and this was by far the best. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks to all the staff for making it extra special - we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: thw two bed two bath suite was perfect for families!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. It is so pleasing to receive such wonderful comments, I will pass these on to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and maybe you can stay a bit longer.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Short break in London with family, stayed in a fabulous 2 bedroom suite which was just amazing. The best thing about the hotel was the absolutely perfect service. I have travelled far and wide and never had service like it. Lots of lovely little gestures, which just makes it even more special. Will definitely stay again for next trip.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
It is always pleasing to read positive comments on the service provided by my great team as this is where we believe Taj 51 Buckingham Gates excels and make us stand out from the rest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The service at this hotel is excellent! Phenomenal staff and concierge. They care to your every need. There a few staff I would recomend at this hotel two are servers at the lounge Szilard and klaudia tey are the most amazing people you will ever meet! They are so interested in getting to know you and are so helpful in giving advice on what to do in London. Also they are my friends now because of this trips experience. Another staff is Andre, he is a butler and is amazing at connecting with guests he gives the warm welcoming feel to the hotel along with another staff member named Benson they make a dynamic duo of guest assistance. I absolutely low this place it makes me feel at home I am for sure going back soon!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JonathanTemple
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was thrilled my team took care of your every need during your stay with us and delighted to read you will be coming back soon.

I look forward to welcoming back soon

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just down the road from Buckingham Palace, this hotel treated us like royalty from the moment we walked in. We were greeted by an extremely pleasant receptionist who told us, "we've been expecting you!" To our surprise, we were able to check into the room in the morning after a red eye flight from Houston, Texas. We had an enormous one-bedroom suite that was very quiet and comfortable. A nice fruit basket and bottles of water were waiting for us in the kitchen. The concierges were very helpful to us, and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed. We enjoyed complimentary snacks and drinks in the Library several evenings. My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at this hotel and will not hesitate to return the next time we're in London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chris J
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your amazing review of your recent stay with us at The Taj 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted that my great team looked after all your needs and you enjoyed the amenities in your suite.

I look forward to personally meeting you when you are next visiting London.