“Best City Center Hotel I have ever stayed in.”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #4 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 May 2014

EXCELLENT all round. I had already read Trip Advisor's 5* Review before I booked here for 2 nights May 18-19. 2 Room suite no charge upgrade. Lots of space. salon. Kitchesn. 2 bathrooms. I was delighted that the experience surpassed my expectations. Mix of business and pleasure (my wife joined me there). Great room, magic service, and a smile from everyone at all levels of the hotel. There is some renovation going on to the front section of the hotel that disrupted the driveway and all the staff made sure the potential inconvenience never was. And all the little niceties that they throw in while we were there - all of them for no extra charge - is truly amazing. Birthday cake brought to our room, espresso machine & capsules, endless sparkling and still water. We didn't get to enjoy the complimentary evening appetizers & cocktails, but I am sure it would have been just as good as everything else. 5 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace and Big Ben. So . . . . verdict: 10/10.

Room Tip: No pool, but I could get out with an an N/A. And we didn't try the spa but it is right there n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael L
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

It is very pleasing to read such wonderful comments, Thank you. We pride ourselves on our personal service to our guest to ensure they are made to feel very special. The Renovations of our Kings Town House is now completed.

I hope next time you stay with us you will be able to enjoy our complimentary drinks and canapes.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The St. James' Court hotel is one of the few establishments in the western world where you find absolutely brilliant and courteous service.. Its my new favourite hotel in London!!

The food at the Quilon has always been true to the taste of Southern India and the live band at the lobby is very good.

Unless you seek the mindless modernity of steel and glass everywhere this is where you must stay. Thank you Taj for bringing the best face of Indian hospitality to London. Wah! Taj!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manu Kumaran
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite and dining in our Michelin Star Restaurant Quilon.

I look forward to sharing your complimentart review with my team and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Fantastic rooms, service, location, and so on. We enjoyed our stay. The courtyard is very peaceful and we went to Quilons restaurant which is part of the same group and is Indian with a Michelin Star. We had the taster menu which was fabulous. The rooms were very well appointed with a kitchen, lounge, bedroom and enormous bathroom. Highly recommended. We'll be back...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read your review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. It was also very pleasing to read that we are now your new favourite hotel in London.

I will pass your comments on to my team and who hope to see in back again soon.

Araceli Rius Perez- Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in mid April 2014. We had relied upon the reviews on Trip Adviser and location to select the hotel - and were very pleased we did. It was ideal for us with our two teenage sons. The staff were friendly and helpful. The apartment suite was superb - lovely beds and bathrooms and generous sized living room and well equipped kitchen. The breakfasts were wonderful (the lack of an available table on two mornings, meaning a wait for breakfast, the only issue but this will be resolved when the new dining area is completed). The details completed a high quality accomodation and experience: small things like the quality of the bathroom products, the providing of washing powder for the washing machine and nespresso for the coffee machine, and like providing popcorn for the boys when we ordered a DVD to watch in our room one night. We would strongly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Browns30

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed the facilities of your suite as well as our central location. I am sorry you had to wait for breakfast on two mornings but as you mentioned we are indeed currently extending Taj 51 Buckingham Gate and adding a new 70 seater reataurant which is due for completion in mid June.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed there for 6 nights from April 23nd to 29th. I picked this hotel based on the reviews and also the location. They lived up to the standards of a world class hotel (Taj group). They did not give any room for any sort of complaints. I don't want to name one particular individual because the entire staff of the hotel treated us like royalty. Location is so close to the popular attractions (you can walk) and one other plus is they have a fully equipped kitchen with all the utensils. The grocery store (mark & spencer’s) is very close to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank SM2468

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was delighted to read my staff treated you like royalty and that you would highly recommend our hotel.

I hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we found our experience at 51 Buckingham Gate to be one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had. We were immediately upgraded to a wonderful suite that surpassed our already-high expectations and the room provided much needed respite from our busy days. Every single employee went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable for my children (on their first visit to London) with service to match the world's best hotels. We will absolutely be returning to London and would not even consider another hotel.

2  Thank djmv

I am deilghted you enjoyed staying with us and how much you enjoyed the central London location of Taj 51 Buckingham ate as well as our team and service.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you bak to Taj London

Reviewed 26 April 2014

LOCATION
Close to Buckingham Palace (4 minute walk) and Victoria Station (5 minute walk). We even had a nice walk to Harrods, Houses of Parliament etc., so location is excellent.
We arrived to Victoria Station, took a cab to the hotel. but easy walking if preferred. (Note! The bus terminal at Victoria is quite farther distance than the train terminal)

ARRIVING
Buckingham Gate 51 is located in a courtyard behind The St. James Court Hotel (also a Taj Hotel). so you leave you Taxi outside that hotel and walk into the Courtyard.
You will immediately (if having suitcases, that is..) be met by a small army of 2-3 people welcoming you, taking care of your suitcases, showing you inside the very small reception
and let you have a seat at a desk were you sign in. If room is ready, your butler will take you to your suite, if not ready you are asked if you will have refreshments in the (small) library.
Our room was not ready, but suddenly it was ready.., so we got directly to the room by the (smallish) elevator. (Takes 4-5 people).

ROOMS
Really, really nice! Look at my pictures below. (Finally thought of taking some shots before messing it all up.. Master bedroom with nice on suite bath, nice 2nd bedroom
for the kids with the extra bath down the corridor, (both bedrooms with TV), really nice living room with sofa lounge, dining table, TV etc.
Also a kitchen with Nesresso coffee maker (complimentary coffee) washing machine, fridge etc. We didn’t use the kitchen much, except of making coffee, but the living room was nice for watching some movies and having breakfast in the room.
But I would expect down pillows in this kind of property!

SERVICE
Perfect in every sense. You are warmly welcomed every time they spot you downstairs (quite small hotel, 70 suites). Your are also followed to your breakfast table in the Library,
or followed over to the breakfast room in St. James Court if the library is fully seated.
A really nice touch is that you get free refreshments (any drink you prefer) and canapés/tapas in the Library every evening between 6.30 and 8.30.

FOOD
English breakfast in the Library was excellent. They also make your omelet to order. One day the Library was full, so we was followed to St. James Courts breakfast room.
Quite nice, but only had scrambled eggs. More a 4 star+. The canapés in the Library was nice at evenings before going out.
Had breakfast in the Suite last day, excellent food and they set the table perfectly.

SUMMARY
If you want to be felt special, this is a perfect stay. Perfect size, perfect location, perfect service, perfect suites. Looking forward to next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bed!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Gunnargutten
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are all delighted you enjoyed the Taj Experience at 51 Buckingham Gate, from your arrival, it is our way of welcoming you to your home away from home.

In regards to your reference regarding our pillows, we do have a choice of pillows which you can choose, there is a pillow menu in the suite. I am sorry this was not mentioned to you when your butler took you to your suite.

We are in th process of creating a new 70 seater restaurant for the comfort of our guests. I was delighted to read that you experienced our complimentary drinks and canapes which are served daily in the Library.

I have shared your comments with my team.

Regards