“Quintessentially Taj!”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #7 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Taj Hotels have always impressed me, even when I was a student and was visiting them to check out their facilities. Several years later, I am still impressed and have no hesitation to say that they are the best at what they do - create outstanding memories for their guests.
This hotel, I am led to believe, is a new acquisition for the Taj Group and they seem to have created another torchbearer for their shining image.
The Suites are perfect for long-stays and provide comfort and space in an otherwise cramped London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Satyajeet G
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. it is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. iI was particularly pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service provided by my team at Taj 51.

We look forrward to welcoming you back to 51 Buckingham Gate.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you read the reviews for this hotel, it becomes immediately clear that beyond the physical structure and other amenities, service is the key to this wonderful hotel. It's all true. From the moment you arrive you are taken care of in a way that's unusual at most other hotels. By your second day, everyone knows your name, but as importantly, your preferences.

The hotel's library offers a fine English breakfast in the morning, and tea later in the day/early evening. The service was impeccable and as you sat down, staff approached you to see if you wanted what you had the previous day, offered options, and were amazingly attentive.

The service extends throughout. On our last day we inquired about transportation to Heathrow. Our questions were taken care of, but many hours later, when walking through the lobby, the gentleman at the front desk sought us out to ensure that our ride will be waiting at the appropriate time. And it was.

While we were there, my daughter celebrated her birthday. We didn't inform the hotel (I think our travel agent did), and that evening when we came back to our room, a beautiful birthday cake with her name on it was waiting, with candles.

Speaking of the rooms, they are terrific - actually they are apartments. If you're staying in London for several days, it's the way to go. A full (beautiful) kitchen and living room, two bedrooms and bathrooms. And any questions or special needs that you have get taken care of immediately, and perfectly.

I could go on. In big ways and small, this is a truly outstanding hotel. London is a special city, and 51 Buckingham Gate adds to the excellence.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul J

Thank you for your amazing review of Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I am delighted that my team wowed you in so many different ways. We pride ourselves on our personalised service.

The breakfast team love to know their guests and the little touches like remembering your order from the previous day is just one of many.

I was also pleased to read that your daughter enjoyed her birthday cake. London is a very special city and your comments really mean a lot to us. We hope that you have some everlasting memories.

I have shared your comments with my team.

Thank you for recognising our bedroom qualities, exccellent location our little extras and wondeful staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

EXCELLENT all round. I had already read Trip Advisor's 5* Review before I booked here for 2 nights May 18-19. 2 Room suite no charge upgrade. Lots of space. salon. Kitchesn. 2 bathrooms. I was delighted that the experience surpassed my expectations. Mix of business and pleasure (my wife joined me there). Great room, magic service, and a smile from everyone at all levels of the hotel. There is some renovation going on to the front section of the hotel that disrupted the driveway and all the staff made sure the potential inconvenience never was. And all the little niceties that they throw in while we were there - all of them for no extra charge - is truly amazing. Birthday cake brought to our room, espresso machine & capsules, endless sparkling and still water. We didn't get to enjoy the complimentary evening appetizers & cocktails, but I am sure it would have been just as good as everything else. 5 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace and Big Ben. So . . . . verdict: 10/10.

Room Tip: No pool, but I could get out with an an N/A. And we didn't try the spa but it is right there n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael L

It is very pleasing to read such wonderful comments, Thank you. We pride ourselves on our personal service to our guest to ensure they are made to feel very special. The Renovations of our Kings Town House is now completed.

I hope next time you stay with us you will be able to enjoy our complimentary drinks and canapes.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The St. James' Court hotel is one of the few establishments in the western world where you find absolutely brilliant and courteous service.. Its my new favourite hotel in London!!

The food at the Quilon has always been true to the taste of Southern India and the live band at the lobby is very good.

Unless you seek the mindless modernity of steel and glass everywhere this is where you must stay. Thank you Taj for bringing the best face of Indian hospitality to London. Wah! Taj!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manu Kumaran
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite and dining in our Michelin Star Restaurant Quilon.

I look forward to sharing your complimentart review with my team and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Fantastic rooms, service, location, and so on. We enjoyed our stay. The courtyard is very peaceful and we went to Quilons restaurant which is part of the same group and is Indian with a Michelin Star. We had the taster menu which was fabulous. The rooms were very well appointed with a kitchen, lounge, bedroom and enormous bathroom. Highly recommended. We'll be back...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read your review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. It was also very pleasing to read that we are now your new favourite hotel in London.

I will pass your comments on to my team and who hope to see in back again soon.

Araceli Rius Perez- Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in mid April 2014. We had relied upon the reviews on Trip Adviser and location to select the hotel - and were very pleased we did. It was ideal for us with our two teenage sons. The staff were friendly and helpful. The apartment suite was superb - lovely beds and bathrooms and generous sized living room and well equipped kitchen. The breakfasts were wonderful (the lack of an available table on two mornings, meaning a wait for breakfast, the only issue but this will be resolved when the new dining area is completed). The details completed a high quality accomodation and experience: small things like the quality of the bathroom products, the providing of washing powder for the washing machine and nespresso for the coffee machine, and like providing popcorn for the boys when we ordered a DVD to watch in our room one night. We would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Browns30

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed the facilities of your suite as well as our central location. I am sorry you had to wait for breakfast on two mornings but as you mentioned we are indeed currently extending Taj 51 Buckingham Gate and adding a new 70 seater reataurant which is due for completion in mid June.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed there for 6 nights from April 23nd to 29th. I picked this hotel based on the reviews and also the location. They lived up to the standards of a world class hotel (Taj group). They did not give any room for any sort of complaints. I don't want to name one particular individual because the entire staff of the hotel treated us like royalty. Location is so close to the popular attractions (you can walk) and one other plus is they have a fully equipped kitchen with all the utensils. The grocery store (mark & spencer’s) is very close to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SM2468

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. I was delighted to read my staff treated you like royalty and that you would highly recommend our hotel.

I hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.