“Fantastic Stay”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #4 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We stayed in one of the Minister suites which was simply fantastic. The rooms were equipped with everything that we needed for a 3 day stay. The location was great and the breakfasts were lovely. The staff are so attentive and are a credit to the hotel. We were made to feel extra special and it really added to the weekend. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. I would go as far to say that this hotel is the best in London - Mr Thorpe

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thorpey1979
James S, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Mr Thrope.

First may I congratulate you both on your 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us with other Tripadvisors.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in one of our Minster Suites and the facilities of your suite.

I was also pleased to read my staff made you feel special during your stay.

We look forward to wecolming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The service and the rooms were superb, is our first visit in London and they make this moment unforgetable..! Is close to the sub station, you have all the main attractions from London just by walking, they have a wonderful cafe cross the street, for a good breakfast before the tourist walk.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francisco E

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your suite and our famous Taj Service. I was pleased to read that your first trip to London and my team created a nice memory for you.

We are within walking distant to many attractions around London includling Buckingham Palace, House of Commons, Ben Big and many more and with St. James Park Tube Station only 2 minutes walk away.

I hope that your next visit to London we will be able to welcoming you back to Taj London.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here with two of our close friends and stayed in the minister suites ... They were apartments!! So amazing and nothing was too much trouble.. The drinks in the court yard were great and a lovely touch with canapés

Everything was so comfy and welcoming... TV in the bath!! Wow!!

We went for breakfast in the morning and was the best I've tasted! Also the extras of smoked salmon, avocado and much more!

Really was the best hotel we have stayed in!!

Thank you to the staff that made us feel so welcome

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am delighted you enjoyed your suite in Minsters and the facilities within the suite.

Our Complimentry Drinks and Canapes are very popular with our guest and pleased you were able to join us.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed at 51 Buckingham Gate twice since finding it by chance. The service is fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. treated like VIPs! The suites are large comfortable and so well equipped, you want for nothing. Most London hotel rooms are small...here you could quite easily lose each other in these suites. Loved the happy hour in the Library and food at The Bistro was fantastic too. Have already booked our next stay and cannot wait. Many thanks to all the Staff for such a great job.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank helenng

Thank you for your super review.

It is always very pleasing to me and my team to review such a wonderful review as we pride ourselves in the service we provide. Our complimentary drinks and Canapes which we served in the Library are a big favourite of our Guests.

I will pass on your comments to my team who I know will be thrilled.

We are delighted that we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from Taj 51 and cannot recommend this place enough. The service from start to finish was exceptional and all the staff are friendly and genuine, especially Sergio. The suite was beautifully furnished and clean. The location was excellent, we travelled on foot to all the main points of interest including Knightsbridge etc. Expect lots of magical touches throughout your stay, such as the chocolates on your pillow and Molton Brown products in the bathroom. We enjoyed cocktails in Hamptons bar and Zander bar. Will definitely be booking a return visit in the future!!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank claire2719

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful stay and you experienced the Taj customer service.

Reviews like this really help my team as it shows them that their passion and effort for providing exceptional service are appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the Future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Pros:
Spacious rooms
great service
free amenities (designer chocolates, teas, waters, molton brown soaps)
Cons:
Location was not that great, just close to buckingham gate
Slow WiFi (i expect a fast connection if im paying top dollar)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shiva R

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your spacious suite , our free amenities and the Taj Serivce.

I am sorry your experienced slow wifi I will personally look into this.

We are indeed close to Buckingham Palace and only a short walk to other famous attractions.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj London in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked a surprise stay for my girlfriend last Wednesday night (6th August) for our 1st anniversary, and got a great deal on booking.com. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty by Sergio and the team. The Kings Suite we had was spotless and luxurious. A special thank you must be said to Alex and Slizard who were the gracious hosts to us in the Library for the happy hour cocktails! They were faultless and we both really appreciated the way we were treated. We can't thank them all enough!

Sitting in the courtyard in the evening and the following morning really gave it the feeling of being overseas. It felt more like Barcelona than London!

We will definitely be going back again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick B

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay at Taj51 Buckingham Gate.

It was marvellous to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and found the staff to be courteous and helpful and we made your 1st Anniversary a memorable one.

It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their hard work and passion to provide outstanding service are appreciated by those who receive it.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 2nd Anniversary.