“the worst place i've seen”

We can't find prices for this hotel
easyHotel London Earls Court
Ranked #544 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was a very small room with no windows. I could hardly find a place for my luggage. there is no lifts and the stairs are so steep and narrow. I even couldn't breath easily. the bathroom was also dirty and small. To get something to drink or talk to the reception you must go downstairs. I don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Elica1978
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Elica,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at easyHotel Earls Court.
I am very concerned about your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom. Our housekeeping team works very hard to achieve maximum cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms and I apologise that this wasn't to your satisfaction.

It is a shame that you have not spoken to a member of the team after the check-in regarding the issues you have faced. Member of staff is on duty 24 hours and they are more than happy to resolve any issue to guests’ satisfaction.

I am sorry that you haven't had a pleasant stay with us. Please do not hesitate to reply to my direct message or contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this with you in order to rectify and restore your faith in the hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The smallest room I have ever stayed, but comfortable bed, clean and very conveniently placed for Earls Court Exhibition Centre. No issues, quick check in/check out. Somewhere to sleep, no complaints. Quick tip, Pay a little extra for a window, as even though there is ventilation, the room gets very hot after a shower.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your detailed review regarding your recent stay at easyHotel Earls Court.

I was glad to read that you found our rooms clean and good for a short stay. Our housekeeping team will be delighted to hear your comments, as they work hard to keep up with our high standards of cleanliness.

Regarding our room sizes, we do encouraged our guests to carefully read the detailed info about the rooms we offer. The rooms vary in size and its up to a guests preference in which they would feel more comfortable.

once again thank you very much for your review and we do hope to get a chance to welcome you to our hotel in Earls Court once again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Chose this hotel as it was in a central location, and was very reasonably priced (£180 for three nights). When we arrived, check in was very fast. Our room was small, but perfectly adequate for my husband and I. We literally used it as a base to sleep, and to get ready for nights out. The bathroom/wet room was fine - shower, sink, toilet and shelving unit for toiletries. The Hotel was clean, and bed was comfy.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to people who are looking for a central base to sleep, whilst exploring London. It's a 5 min walk to Earls Court underground, and approx 20 mins walk to Natural History Museum. There is both tesco and sainsburys within walking distance, alongside numerous well known food chains - mcdonalds, zizi, pizza express, nando.

If you are looking for luxury, you have to pay the price! This hotel does exactly what it says on the tin - a budget hotel in a central location. Brilliant!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that our "simple comfort, great value" concept accommodated your needs while staying with us.

Also thank you for posting your insights and recommendations that are helpful for our future guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

For around £45 a night in this part of London you really can't complain too much and yet we still felt a little disappointed. The standard room was clean enough but it was very small indeed, to the point where one of us had to sit on the bed if the other wanted to do anything else, such as get dressed or look in our suitcase. The 'pod' shower room was ok, the shower was a little weak but it did the job. The room was basically a bed with a tiny amount of floor space and then the shower pod which was a 'wet area' consisting of a' toilet, bowl and small space to stand and shower. If you are looking for somewhere to literally sleep a night as a stopover then it offers decent value but if you are likely to want to spend any time in the room, or have more than two medium sized bags then in all honesty I would suggest you pay more money for a conventional hotel room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor seemed quiet but it was quite a climb with no lift!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate all the feedback we receive as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests.

I sincerely apologise that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and have experienced these issues. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Due to being a building in a centre of London all of our rooms are different shapes and sizes. Our small rooms are 6-7 square meters, standard rooms 8-9 and wheelchair accessible 14. If your room is not to your satisfaction we encourage you to contact our friendly reception team and we will do what we can to meet your expectations .

Hopefully we can welcome you on your next visit to London and restore your faith in easyHotel Earls Court.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed in London for two nights & EasyHotel was the most affordable that we could find. To be reasonable, I can't expect a lot from a budge hotel BUT I was disappointed that they literally charged you for EVERYTHING - You had to pay to turn the TV on in your room, for an extra towel (you're expected to use only 1 towel your whole stay) to have your room cleaned, for an hour of internet.. The room was very small, & the shower kept flooding due to the fact it was on top of the toilet in a very small bathroom only centimeters away from the bathroom door.. Then another few centimeters away from the bed.. All things that were new to me & different to anywhere else I've stayed.

One of the staff members was GREAT, super friendly & helpful. The rest were more interested in whatever was going on on their computer in front of them than their guests.

Over all if was an average/good stay - One of the most expensive hotels I stayed in during my trip considering it was budget - I would only recommend the location as this was extremely handy - 5 mins from the 'tube'

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemma,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate all the feedback we get as it helps me to improve the experience for future guests.

I understand your comment about the high prices in London. Being the capital city and one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, the Rates are considerably higher in London than elsewhere in the country. We aim to offer a great value budget option in the heart of the city.

In regards to available ad-ons, we encourage our guests to design their own stay by purchasing only what they need. Extras can be purchased either at the time of the booking or from our reception team at any point of your stay.

I am concerned that only one staff member passed as great and would address this issue. I would appreciate if you can provide me with the name or the description so I can arrange for appropriate reward.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Coming from a hotel working back ground from the Hilton double tree to the Britannia this is a budget hotel.... what do you expect ? to be honest people you get a smile on check in, help if you ask for it.. other than that its small room and the twin beds where like inches a part yes the shower small but yet again its clean.... i would defiantly stay again... for 2 night £112 in that location is defiantly the best your gonna get.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel R

Dear Daniel ,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

I really appreciate your professional opinion and I am glad to read that our concept of "simple comfort, great value" accommodated your needs during your stay in London.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Nothing easy about easy hotel:
1) Like a rabbit warren, up & down steep, narrow staircases. Large suitcases/prams do not fit through the door frames - not very practical!
2) The room wasn't very clean, there were hairs & plenty of dust on the windowsill - didn't look like a cleaner had ever thought or bothered to wipe it!
3) Not even a small sideboard or table in the room. Everything has to go on the floor - even your phone etc, unless you want to put it on the hairy, dusty windowsill!
4) No toilet brush - not so nice if there's more than one person staying in the room to be honest. Skid marks are not fun.
5) Thankfully we were at the hotel for a matter of hours, but in that time (3pm Saturday-10am Sunday, & out some of that time 4pm-11pm on the Saturday) the fire alarm went off several times. Once on Saturday afternoon around 3.30pm & on & off for about 10 minutes at 1am!!! Guests went to reception & the staff were very unprofessional & didn't know what was going on. According to one lady in the corridor, happens every night! This will one day end in tragedy - there will be a real fire & people will ignore the alarm because it goes off all the time.
6) Overall: A rubbish night. We won't be parting with £60 to stay here ever again. Well worth paying a bit more & going to Premier Inn or something. The reviews on here seem too flattering in my opinion, hence why we decided to give it a go.

Our advice: avoid this place, there's nothing easy about it & it is a glorified hostel not a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Leanne,

I have noted your comments in regards to standard of cleanliness of the room and have addressed this issue with our housekeeping provider so as to ensure that it doesn't happen again in the future. Our housekeeping team is available from 8am till late afternoon and our reception team is available 24hours. We an encourage all of our customers to contact either in case of any inquiry and both teams will do their best to accommodate the customer needs.

Regarding the fire alarm, I do apologise for the disruption over the weekend. This was due to the attempted dismount of the fire alarm device in one of the rooms that disconnected the circuits. I can assure you that all of our staff members are fully trained for situations like this one.

Once again I apologize for unfortunate disruption and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Mirka Matusikova