“Loved the Jesmond!!”

Ranked #26 of 556 London B&B and Inns
Charleston, South Carolina
“Loved the Jesmond!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I found the Jesmond through an online search with a few others in the same area - and I couldn't have been happier with this little gem of a B&B hotel. The location was excellent, very close to several tube stops and about 2 minutes from the British Museum and Oxford Street shopping! The hotel is very clean and well run by the Beynon family. They were able to accommodate a last-minute change in my plans and I was able to extend my stay even over the busy Easter holiday weekend. Both Glyn and James were wonderul and very helpful. I felt very at home while staying here.

For the first 5 days I was there, I was booked into a single, shared bathroom situation - the room was perfectly adequate and the bed was very comfortable. I never had any trouble accessing the shared bath, and in fact, never ran into anyone trying to use the facilities at the same time. I then was moved to the room I had originally booked, which was a single ensuite, and the room was very spacious and even had an original marble coal burning fireplace. It was lovely! I had easy access to the wireless internet connection the whole time, with no problems at all. And, I thoroughly enjoyed the Full English Breakfast every morning - it really did keep me going all morning!

All-in-all this is a great family run B&B Hotel in an excellent location right in the center of London, within walking distance of whatever you may want to see or do and with easy access to railway stations. I will definitely be staying at the Jesmond Hotel when I am in London in the future.

Room Tip: I would imagine that rooms at the back of the hotel would be a bit more quiet, as you do get a bit o...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Kperry5465

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was visiting London with my Malaysian friends and they have chose this wonderful bed and breakfast which is centrally located, close to Russel Square tube and bus stop is just outside the hotel. Each morning getting up to the smells of freshly made breakfast downstairs.
The family run hotel left me and my travelling companions a good impression. We were there for 12 days and get to know the personal a little. Thank you James, Glen, Maria and the rest for an unforgetable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank juliezazoo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I found the Jesmond via a budget guide book, and their website won me over. Upon arriving, I felt like I was home. Pros: It's very central - 1.5-2 miles from the center and most everything that we wanted to do; close to several tube stops and bus stops; the breakfast was yummy; the owner and workers are all extremely nice; and the price was very reasonable - in fact, we had book a single ensuite room with a fold-out sofa bed, and when we got there, they upgraded us to a full double without charging extra (the double became available after my reservation). Cons: None for me. That said, I understand fully that it is a European hotel/renovated townhouse. The bathroom was small, but that's not unexpected nor was it too small. No elevator to the rooms, but the owner was more than happy to take our luggage and move it for us. It's comfortable rather than luxurious, which is what I want in a hotel. I have never been so pleased with a value bed and breakfast - it was less "value"- feeling and more "home."

Room Tip: The solo downstairs room was quiet and perfect for two travelers/friends/sisters/brothers, etc.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TexanLSU
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This family owned and operated B&B truly makes your visit personal and enjoyable. All the staff go the extra mile to help in every way to make your stay special. Great location to center city events, with easy transportation options.The full English breakfast, plus all the extras (fruit,cheese,cereal etc) are a good way to start the day. We have been staying at the Jesmond for over 25 years and would not stay anywhere else. We have brought children, parents,other family members, friends and hopefully our grandchildren soon! Trust us, the Beynon family will take care of you! Jean and John

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank J M
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

For those wanting to avoid pricy cabs or baffling bus routes the Jesmond is a perfectly easy 15 minute walk from Kings Cross towing small suitcase.

Friendly welcome to a clean, neat, simple B&B hotel in a nice Georgian terrace on Gower Street (just 2 minutes across the road from the British Museum and a 15 minute walk to Theatreland/Covent Garden/Royal Opera/Courtauld Gallery etc). The room was spacious if quaintly outdated, but the en-suite was fine and clean with a beefily efficient hot shower.

Good quality non greasy cooked breakfast.

Recommended good value for central London.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Silver87_12
Peterborough, England
Reviewed 24 February 2013

A colleague and I needed somewhere to stay in the Bloomsbury area in order to attend a conference and I found this hotel via TripAdvisor. We shared a twin en-suite room on the 2nd floor; the room was much bigger than expected and had a large double bed and a single. It was light and airy and the modernised bathroom had an excellent shower with plenty of hot water. The breakfast was really good with lots of choices. The Jesmond is ideally situated being only a few minutes walk from Goodge St tube station. Given the prices of some hotels in the city we both felt this was extremely good value and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank A&A_F-L
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Reviewed 22 February 2013

2 night break with my daughter during half term. Would normally stay at a larger chain hotel but decided to try a smaller B&B for a change to help the pennies. We were given room 2 which is a triple with a futon. Very large room, 2 big windows overlooking Gower St (no big noise issue) lots of storage and wardrobe hangers (very important), comfy beds with extra bedding available, big TV, tea/coffee making facilities, powerful hairdryer (also very important), hot shower. Breakfast was just right for me, cooked breakfast cooked to order with toast, plus cereal, fruit bowl, tea, coffee, juice, water etc. All very clean and very well looked after. I would recommend this place for a mini break in Bloomsbury.

Room Tip: Room 2 is spacious
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family