“Great and plentiful Afternoon Tea”

Afternoon Tea at The Milestone
Ranked #2,689 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$36 - US$57
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Afternoon Tea is a quintessentially English tradition and is upheld in its finest form here at The Milestone. It is a treat in more ways than one - a delicious array of delicate finger sandwiches is accompanied by warm freshly baked scones served with Devonshire clotted cream and home-made preserves, as well as a selection of pastries including éclairs, tartlets, cupcakes and macaroons. Accompanied by a vast tea menu or perhaps a glass of champagne, enjoy tea at your leisure in fine surroundings and experience the superior service for which The Milestone is renowned. Top tip: Make sure you let us know which treat you liked best and we'll be happy to bring you another, as well as free flowing top-ups of your selected tea or coffee.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited the Milestone for afternoon tea a a special treat out with my Mum. The experience was great, very enjoyable food and nicely presented and a good (if not vast) selection of teas. The service was great and the atmosphere relaxing and understated. We couldn't finish all the treats so they were boxed up nicely for later, when we'd made more room!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently went to their Afternoon Tea and truly found the food to be fabulous. The red velvet cupcakes were insanely moist. I haven’t seen a better offering of tea sandwiches from a luxury hotel prior to this. I would suggest having the tea in their tea room and not reserving a private room for large groups. For a detailed review and loads of pictures, see my blog Sunny in London.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had afternoon tea here as a part of our honeymoon and we loved it! The scones was lovely and the cakes were even better! The service was friendly and they treated us with extra champagne because it was our honeymoon! We would absolutely come back! Thank you!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went here with my husband and friend for an afternoon tea. The service was efficient and friendly, but could be a little more refined. They were diligent in taking note of my nut allergy in advance, which I appreciated, and gave me a good range of alternatives. However, for the price, which parallels that of some of the five star great London hotels, the quality of the food could be improved. It lacked that element of innovation or surprise, especially in the pastries. The ambiance was very cosy and traditional, which I liked. However, when we arrived we were dismayed to hear the radio playing in the background soft rock music. No one wants to enjoy afternoon tea listening to REM. We asked them to change the music to classical, and they kindly obliged, but these are the small details they should be thinking of in advance.

1  Thank MPKParis
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to treat our friends for afternoon tea who are visiting London for the first time. The hotel is a 5* boutique hotel which had uniformed door attendants. We were sat on a nice spot, service was polite and we were explained what we were having for afternoon tea. They let us take our time and didn't rush us and when we couldn't finish the food, we were given a posh takeaway boxes. It's quite pricey at nearly £40 per head. The bathroom at the basement is well maintained and the general atmosphere was lovely. So where does it fall short of a perfect score? It's nit picking really... Table was too low and crowded, scones were crumbly, hot water refills were not monitored, bread not so fresh... But it was a lovely experience really. I don't want to sound ungrateful.