“As a Coeliac I haven't found anywhere better!”
Review of Vozar's - CLOSED

Vozar's
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Since being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease recently, I've found it a real struggle to eat out. I can get ill by eating even a single crumb of 'normal' bread - and so there's always a risk that there will be some sort of contamination in the kitchen at a restaurant - even if they have a gluten-free menu.

There's no risk here though - as the entire restaurant is gluten free, so there's no possibility of any contamination. That removes a huge amount of the worry from my experience of dining out - making it worth a trip for this alone.

However, on top of this, the food is delicious! Absolutely delicious - some of the best I've tasted. I was disappointed that they'd sold out of the pies and quiches that they had for lunch, so ordered the breaded chicken sandwich...and it was absolutely delicious! I've no idea what spices or flavourings they put into it, but it was the best breaded chicken I've ever had - even the salad leaves tasted nice (and that's high praise from me!). A pudding of Black Forest Gateaux (that I could safely eat) was wonderful - I almost cried when I saw that they sold it - and I even bought two more cakes to take away with me to eat in the evening!

Overall, a great experience: lovely food, helpful staff, and a completely safe gluten-free eating experience!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We enjoyed our meal: lamb tagine and duck confit mains. There was a generous quantity of lamb with well flavoured potatoes and sweet potato, though more vegetables would have been welcome.
For desert there were individual cakes also very nice, though I did find it difficult to finish the Black Forest gateau, as it was quick big. I would definitely recommend this small restaurant in the market and hope to return.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great food and resonably priced in the funky location of Brixton Markets. The waiting staff very prompt and very friendly. We started with a chicken and crab which was perfectly presented and with awesome flavour. We followed this up with the veel burger and tuna steak. Both were cooked to perfection and again bursting with flavour. After the two courses we were stuffed and couldnt possibly have chanced one of the desserts which looked very appetising. With the buzz of the Brixton Markets and the very well priced exceptional tasting food, i would definitelty recommend this little gem to anyone. Compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Well presented and very tasty food served promptly by a friendly waitress

All the restaurants in the Village were busy and this place appears to thrive on all of the competition!

In view of the food quality the price was very reasonable particularly as the portions were generous

A good experience and will certainly visit again

3  Thank Mike48
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The food tastes amazing and has the added benefit of being gluten-free. The portions are extremely generous so you can fill yourself up at a very reasonable price. Overall one of the best dining experiences you'll find on London.