“Gluten free meals” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vozar's - CLOSED

Vozar's
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: British, European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten free meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had excellent meal and no trying to see what we could eat , great service and lovely atmosphere will definitely go again

Coconut Creek, Florida
“Great gluten-free food and delicious desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small and unpretentious but worth the trip to Brixton Village Market: easy to get to by tube. We were staying in London. I had a fresh crab salad. My daughter had a cheese sandwich. We had three desserts. My German chocolate cupcake was filled with cherries and cream with a rich dark chocolate icing. My daughter's favorite was the lemon custard. The service was excellent. My daughter has very sensitive food allergies and this one was the best.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, United Kingdom
“As a Coeliac I haven't found anywhere better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Since being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease recently, I've found it a real struggle to eat out. I can get ill by eating even a single crumb of 'normal' bread - and so there's always a risk that there will be some sort of contamination in the kitchen at a restaurant - even if they have a gluten-free menu.

There's no risk here though - as the entire restaurant is gluten free, so there's no possibility of any contamination. That removes a huge amount of the worry from my experience of dining out - making it worth a trip for this alone.

However, on top of this, the food is delicious! Absolutely delicious - some of the best I've tasted. I was disappointed that they'd sold out of the pies and quiches that they had for lunch, so ordered the breaded chicken sandwich...and it was absolutely delicious! I've no idea what spices or flavourings they put into it, but it was the best breaded chicken I've ever had - even the salad leaves tasted nice (and that's high praise from me!). A pudding of Black Forest Gateaux (that I could safely eat) was wonderful - I almost cried when I saw that they sold it - and I even bought two more cakes to take away with me to eat in the evening!

Overall, a great experience: lovely food, helpful staff, and a completely safe gluten-free eating experience!

London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We enjoyed our meal: lamb tagine and duck confit mains. There was a generous quantity of lamb with well flavoured potatoes and sweet potato, though more vegetables would have been welcome.
For desert there were individual cakes also very nice, though I did find it difficult to finish the Black Forest gateau, as it was quick big. I would definitely recommend this small restaurant in the market and hope to return.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and resonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great food and resonably priced in the funky location of Brixton Markets. The waiting staff very prompt and very friendly. We started with a chicken and crab which was perfectly presented and with awesome flavour. We followed this up with the veel burger and tuna steak. Both were cooked to perfection and again bursting with flavour. After the two courses we were stuffed and couldnt possibly have chanced one of the desserts which looked very appetising. With the buzz of the Brixton Markets and the very well priced exceptional tasting food, i would definitelty recommend this little gem to anyone. Compliments to the chef!